IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> December
koan
post Feb 16 2011, 01:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,025

I would like to announce a new project that I have been working on for a little while now: December.

For a long time I have been taking the SD card from my camera to browse photos using my Zaurus. I'm not keen on PhotoStorage (clunky interface even if it was translated). I'm been using the Qtopia imageviewer but I have always suspected it doesn't take advantage of the EXIF thumbnail. Furthermore, if the photo is in a different orientation to the screen then it always comes out bad: squeezed to fit rather than rotating it because a user can just use his hand to turn the Zaurus.

I was thinking it would be cool to have something like a camera OS on the Zaurus to flip through images quickly. Also, whenever I go somewhere with my other half as soon as I take a photo she wants to check it out and make sure it is "satisfactory". If you go to get a coffee or lunch she wants to get the camera out and review all the images. This kills the camera battery so if I could do this on the Zaurus then it would save battery and the screen is better too.

So here it is, the first release of December. It's not perfect but it doesn't crash and it's mostly complete. Please be aware that when opening the grid view December has to load up to 16 thumbs into memory and Zaurus memory is not particularly fast. Video files don't have thumbs so they must be generated and opening the full screen view means generating a scaled image which can be slow if you are looking at a several megapixel image.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
koan
post Nov 24 2011, 01:56 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,025

December 0.6 is now available.

New features:
  • Slideshow mode (adjust the viewing time in settings)
  • Progress ticker when opening Grid View and Full Screen
  • Filter function for Directory List View: select images, videos; show hidden files
  • More detailed information about sound codec in an AVI file
  • Fixed bug that caused a crash when you browse to an AVI with unsupported video codec
  • Fixed a weird bug opening Grid View for JPEG-JFIF images that could cause a blank screen and/or crash

Updated screenshots are on my website.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 10:26 PM