OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A Bargain At Any Price... Okay Maybe Not *any* Price ;-), Used C-1000s on Ebay
Omicron
post Aug 18 2011, 07:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,853

I just noticed this sale on EBay...

Granted you'd probably want to put in an offer instead of clicking Buy-It-Now (I mean $499 seems a tad steep, IMHO).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sharp-Zaurus-SL-C1...p-/270758288793

And personally, I ask for an actual picture of the item vs. the stock one being shown (they are listed as used after all).

(Disclaimer: I have no association with the seller... Always do your homework and check a every seller's feedback before buying purchasing anything.)

EDIT: Oops, I should have posted this in "Deals and Great Z Buys" forum... sorry about that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Asterix
post Sep 20 2011, 04:16 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 18,507

Well, my "new" Zaurus showed up yesterday, and I'm happy. The seller was really slow. However, I don't feel like I paid way too much as it's basically new and unused. The box is a bit wrinkled and worn, but so what. It's a complete set with charger, battery, box, Zaurus, manual, and CD. It's not a Sharp charger with folding prongs like I got with my previous purchase, but that's ok. Chargers are easy (PSP!). The battery doesn't have a date code on it, so I can't say how old it is.

+Quote Post
Omicron
post Sep 21 2011, 05:37 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,853

Glad to hear the purchase worked out for you...

Generally a Li-ion battery stored at 40% charge (optimal charge for storage) loses about 5% of capacity per year.
However, if it was stored at 100% it will have lost more.

But either way, many compatible new(-ish) batteries are available on eBay, so even if it isn't a good battery, that's probably the most minor problem you could hope for, right?

Besides, if you're like me, chances are you have few extra lying around from your other one anyway...

Any plans for the new one since you already have one for your common tasks? I have been seriously toying with the idea of setting up QT environment and do a little dev to make my dream alarm clock or such project ;-)

But of course, time is always in scarce supply... *sigh*

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 12:42 AM