OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A Bargain At Any Price... Okay Maybe Not *any* Price ;-), Used C-1000s on Ebay
Omicron
post Aug 18 2011, 07:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,853

I just noticed this sale on EBay...

Granted you'd probably want to put in an offer instead of clicking Buy-It-Now (I mean $499 seems a tad steep, IMHO).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sharp-Zaurus-SL-C1...p-/270758288793

And personally, I ask for an actual picture of the item vs. the stock one being shown (they are listed as used after all).

(Disclaimer: I have no association with the seller... Always do your homework and check a every seller's feedback before buying purchasing anything.)

EDIT: Oops, I should have posted this in "Deals and Great Z Buys" forum... sorry about that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Omicron
post Aug 20 2011, 12:09 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,853

Agreed, $499 is more than a bit steep.

However, I looked up that SL-3200 auction you mentioned... at least I think it was the same auction, if you are referring to this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260822185572

And although it was described as "looking new", it was kind of implicitly being sold as "Used/AS-IS" since the seller could not get it to completely boot up. The canned EBay blurb about "fully operational and functions as intended" was not exactly consistent with the seller's description.

Speaking of which, the description is so minimal it's laughable... I mean, here's the entire description text of that auction:
"This and everything that comes with it look like brand new. The manuals are in Chinese. I plugged it in and a light comes on but that's all I know about it. I don't know how to operate it. "

While that is obviously in part due to the seller' s lack of knowledge, I think that that unit went for lower than normal due to it's unknown working condition, not too mention the non-existent description of the devices features/capabilities/etc. But really, at then end of the day, I think with EBay it really comes down to how many buyers are looking for that particular model (or any Zaurus) at that particular time.

As for the C1000s in the OP, I think the quality of the used condition needs to be verified. Mainly because they are using a stock photo. Let's face it, there's used and then there's USED. I find when the description is lacking actual pictures or details, it is better to assume the worst and make the seller prove you wrong. That's why I mentioned in the OP that anyone considering buying these should ask for at least a few closeup detailed pictures (with it powered on) before making any offers. (And of course check the seller's feedback comments and ratings).

But yeah, I totally agree... I would say that a C1000 is probably not worth more than $100/used or at most maybe $150 if it's in like new condition.

+Quote Post
deluxe
post Aug 20 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,780

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260822185572

Yes, that was the auction

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 10:38 AM