steven999
post Apr 14 2004, 04:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 557

Hi All,

I saw this on handango today:

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDet...roductId=118025

Has anyone tried this out and know what's included? (I do java swing development and haven't had much experience with j2me so don't know what's in the CLDC profile)

Thanks,
steven
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
jfox
post Dec 29 2006, 06:42 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 950

QUOTE(steven999 @ Apr 14 2004, 04:38 PM)
Hi All,

I saw this on handango today:

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDet...roductId=118025

Has anyone tried this out and know what's included?  (I do java swing development and haven't had much experience with j2me so don't know what's in the CLDC profile)

Thanks,
steven

I have gotten two different versions of J9 working on the 5500/Sharp Roms some time ago. I wrote about the use of J9 on Pocket PC 2002 in an article posted on my tools site C:\FoxFrenchTranslations.com\zaurus, and that, while a long read, may show you some of the tricks you will need to get J9 going. My memory is not too clear now, but I recall that the zaurus j9 ipk was a bitch to install. There was about zero documentation, and the result was no improvement over Jeode, and little over CVM. I remember that Sun's Javac would not work with it because IBM removed the deprecated classes from the personal profile.

I could probably get it going again if anyone is interested. The key is a script named startppro in j9's bin directory -- you have to understand everything in that to get it to do anything.

Jeff
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 02:29 AM