> Japanese forum
euroclie
post Jul 6 2005, 03:45 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,125

QUOTE(ashikase @ Jul 4 2005, 09:18 AM)
I think a Japan forum would be rather useful for a few reasons:
- it would be a good place for questions pertaining to Japanese-learning/-related software
- there is a lot of Zaurus software/information/projects that are never heard of outside of Japan; a Japan forum might be a good place to collect such info
- most importantly: as Stubear said, there are apparently a number of Japanese lurkers on the board; if there was a section of the board that allowed for use of Japanese (i.e. kanji), it might entice some of the lurkers to post.

I agree with you: there are already a couple of regional forums for Asian countries, but no Japanese forum yet, despite the obvious fact that the Zaurus comes from that country and that it does have a community of dedicated developers and fans.

I vote in favor of such a forum creation. As you mentioned, Ashikase, maybe this would entice Japanese users to participate more to these discussions if they could start expressing themselves in Japanese (even though everyone else won't understand a single word), or at least discuss amongst Japanese users, which might be less intimidating.

And in the end, if a side effect of this is that we (non-Japanese users) get bits and pieces of news that usually don't make it outside of Japan, well, I wouldn't complain about that! wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stubear
post Jul 6 2005, 08:27 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 1,219

As I mentioned previously, I'm all for it

Stu

+Quote Post
totsubo
post Jul 23 2005, 06:08 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 6,461

Please add my vote such a forum creation. I'd especially like to get more information on input methods/etc.

I might be wrong but for my C3000 I don't thin there is any way for me to use a different OS or windowing manager without losing my Japanese dictionary and IME? Maybe some Japanese users have found a way around that?

+Quote Post
Johnny Maas
post Jul 24 2005, 05:24 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 7,510

I would also like to add my vote to create a Japan forum. It's hard to believe it was not created earlier.

~Johnny

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th December 2014 - 10:46 PM