OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A c860 that likes to suspend itself -possibly needing a nap?
omega
post Jun 9 2004, 01:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,825

Hi,

I have had this issue since I got my C860, but I have lived with it. Now with 1.21B I have my Z all running sweetly so i will raise this issue to you all.

The problem is that irregularly the Z will just suspend, even if i'm not touching it. It doesn't happen too much to be annoyed with, and will never happen when i am playing videos or mp3's. It also sometimes happens when i remove my ipda (charge/sync) cable.

Any ideas? It doesn't seem to be a hardware issue, so as such i'm not very worried about it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
roguetrooper
post Jun 9 2004, 02:36 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,541

Yes, as mentioned in a previous thread my C860 also has power management problems - maybe we should do a survey? I don't know whether this is HW, SW or both. It's annoying however. Power Management isn't simple on my machine thats for sure.

+Quote Post
padishah_emperor
post Jun 9 2004, 02:49 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,180

I've noticed that too, and occasional problems turning it back on, it will blink into life for a second then go off again.

+Quote Post
omega
post Jun 9 2004, 03:51 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,825

padishah_emperor, nod nod! I'm definitely no longer concerned, if this is happening to other people.

+Quote Post
roguetrooper
post Jun 9 2004, 04:02 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,541

maybe the question should be.... who DOESN'T it happen to! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Zuber
post Jun 9 2004, 04:43 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,289

Not done any scientific testing but ...

I seam to have the problem occationally when using a cacko(Sharp) rom. But not when using a standard rom.
I kind of get the fealing it is software related somehow. Can't quite pin it down though.

+Quote Post
Stubear
post Jun 9 2004, 06:35 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,219

I've found that I get this problem on any rom that has the brightness applet installed. If I use the brightness app tp blank LCD or set LCD to lowest level then the Z will sporadically turn itself off. This appears to happen the most when I swivel the screen from portrait to landscape mode. When I press the on button the screen remains blank and I have to use FN+4 to increase the brightness and turn the LCD back on.

On one occassion even the Fn+4 didn't work and I had to plug the Z into the ac-adapter to get the lcd to turn back on.

When I remove the brightness applet, all these problems go away, but I like to have the brightness applet for changing brightness in portrait mode. Otherwise I got to open up the power/light applet to change brightness.

Stu

+Quote Post
padishah_emperor
post Jun 9 2004, 09:36 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 2,180

Stubear, I think you are on to something, I remember having my brightness turned down via the applet, then having problems powering on, I held the Z up to very bright light and noticed Qtopia was there, I used guesswork and managed to reboot. I was worried for a moment or two that I'd bust my Z.

+Quote Post
Zuber
post Jun 9 2004, 09:41 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,289

Cacko has this applet as standard, so would make sense...

I too had a couple scarey moments, where screen kept going off straight after rebooting completed. Cured by guesswork as well biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Smokin
post Jan 19 2005, 06:26 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 6,074

Having similar problems with my sl-c3000 that I have had for about a month. I can hear sounds and can get the usb drive to work, but the screen remains off. Running Japanese Sharp Rom with english conversion. Please help! Have tried the FN+4 for brightness.

+Quote Post
Stubear
post Jan 20 2005, 05:51 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 1,219

QUOTE(Smokin @ Jan 20 2005, 11:26 AM)
Having similar problems with my sl-c3000 that I have had for about a month.  I can hear sounds and can get the usb drive to work, but the screen remains off. Running Japanese Sharp Rom with english conversion.  Please help! Have tried the FN+4 for brightness.

With my C760, if I plug it into AC adapter then the screen comes back on and I can reset the Battery Power lcd brightness using the brightness app.

+Quote Post
adax
post Jan 23 2005, 03:31 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 6,165

I have a c860, running cacko 1.22.
There has been a number of times I was playing mp3's, with the screen set to blank and the Z in closed clamshell so i could keep it in my pocket.
After a while The z just stops, and I cannot wake it. The only way to make it come back on is to remove the battery for 5 seconds, plug in the AC power and reboot.

I think this may have something to do with my battery though, I've never seen it report below 35% (good) before dropping to 3% and prompting me to recharge the battery.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 07:53 AM