IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Synch problems: can't find palm desktop data file
engwar
post Jun 21 2004, 04:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,441

I've got a 5500 running 3.10 ROM. When I attempt to synch to my Palm desktop (as I'd done previously before having to reinstall my Windows OS) I get the following message.

Could not find a palm desktop data file. After closing this message  
box you will need to open the palm desktop application and then  
close it again before re-running the synchronization.

I am using a newer version of the Palm Desktop than I had previously, which is 4.1.4.

The tells me to open and then close Palm Desktop and try to synch again. No luck doing that.

I am able to use Zaurus File Transfer to move files to my Z. I just can't synch.

Any ideas folks?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
PaulBx1
post Mar 6 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,234

Thanks, I've grabbed it too, will check it out. I'm amazed they still leave it out there to download.

Of course, the question will be how do I get my Desktop 4.2 data on the Desktop 4.0.1. Usually it's an upgrade that is supported, not a downgrade. I suppose I can just export everything first, then import it into the Desktop 4.0.1

+Quote Post
brashley46
post Mar 8 2006, 08:24 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,227

It worked! I just entered all my data from Qtopia Desktop into the Palm Desktop by hand; typing in 150 addresses is something I don't wanna do more than once, let me tell you! But then when I switched from Qtoia Desktop to Intellisync, it proved really easy to sync the address book and calendar to Palm desktop instead of the Outlook I don't even have on my old XP Home box. tongue.gif

QUOTE(PaulBx1 @ Mar 6 2006, 11:02 PM)
Thanks, I've grabbed it too, will check it out. I'm amazed they still leave it out there to download.

Of course, the question will be how do I get my Desktop 4.2 data on the Desktop 4.0.1. Usually it's an upgrade that is supported, not a downgrade. I suppose I can just export everything first, then import it into the Desktop 4.0.1

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 02:24 AM