Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> gimp icon?
offroadgeek
post Dec 8 2003, 07:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

now to show everyone how little I know about linux and X... ohmy.gif

I've successfully installed gimp onto the x11 rom, and I can run it great from konsole, but I'd like to have the pretty icon in the apps folder as well. The only thing I can find is .gimp-1.2.

Any suggestions?

offroadgeek
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
omin0us
post Dec 8 2003, 09:59 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

are you looking for an icon to use? or how to set up the icon. If you are wanting to create the icon you need to have a loot at ~/usr/apps/ROX-CLib/Help/README, that should have all you need to make them. also check out ~/usr/apps/ROX-CLib/Help/rox-clib.html

hope that helps you out.

+Quote Post
jerrybme
post Dec 9 2003, 11:36 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 401

are you looking for an icon to use? or how to set up the icon. If you are wanting to create the icon you need to have a loot at ~/usr/apps/ROX-CLib/Help/README, that should have  all you need to make them. also check out ~/usr/apps/ROX-CLib/Help/rox-clib.html

hope that helps you out.

Thanks for info, but not all of us are young wiz-kids like yourself (note small measure of jealousy on both the youth & wiz parts).

In looking at the help doc and then opening AppRun in vi, am I correct in assuming that if you copy the AppRun file; replace the BIN= line with the path to the executable you want to add and make appropriate revisions the xml file and add a AppIcon.xpm that would work?

The above assumes you're adding this to a new folder named for the app

Am I close?

Thanks,

Jerry

+Quote Post
offroadgeek
post Dec 9 2003, 06:48 PM
Post #4

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

In looking at the help doc and then opening AppRun in vi, am I correct in assuming that if you copy the AppRun file; replace the BIN= line with the path to the executable you want to add and make appropriate revisions the xml file and add a AppIcon.xpm that would work?

The above assumes you're adding this to a new folder named for the app

Am I close?

Thanks,

Jerry

jerry - what you described there woked for me. which is great, I can now launch gimp via an icon in the apps directory smile.gif

last question though, where do i get the appropriate AppIcon.xpm? I used mc to do a search, but nothing turned up for gimp... maybe I'll look for one on my suse box.

thanks for the help!

offroadgeek

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 12:26 AM