Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> QSplitter missing in PyQt on the Zaurus
zenyatta
post Jun 30 2004, 01:19 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 850

Hi all,

The following Python script runs fine on the big box but fails on the Z, saying name 'QSplitter' is not defined:
CODE
#!/usr/bin/env python
import sys
from qt import *
app=QApplication(sys.argv)
split=QSplitter(Qt.Vertical, None)
label1=QLabel(split)
label1.setText("Test 1")
label2=QLabel(split)
label2.setText("Test 2")
split.showMaximized()
app.setMainWidget(split)
app.exec_loop()

Further, grep QSplitter `ipkg files python-pyqt` returns nothing - so the class isn't even mentioned in the Zaurus implementation. The Python packages I'm using come from the 3.3.6-pre1 feed.

Given that QSplitter is such a basic piece of UI I'm quite puzzled as to why it is absent. I can work around this limitation for now, fortunately, but someday I may well need a split pane so it's quite discomforting to see it missing. Is it perhaps there and I'm just looking in the wrong place? Has it been deprecated & replaced by something else? Can anyone provide an explanation? Any advice appreciated.

z.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ntrolls
post Sep 3 2006, 03:19 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,000

I've been trying to teach myself programming in Python/PyQt, and found out that QSplitter was missing from the Qtopia in Zaurus.

However, other applications like Ko/Pi and TreeExplorer Qt use the splitter UI. Is this a custom widget built from scratch? If so, is there some way to bridge this into PyQt? Or am I missing something totally?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th December 2014 - 05:45 AM