Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> qcop not reaching Python apps
zenyatta
post Jul 13 2004, 11:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 850

Hi all,

I have a little problem with Python apps. Say I have a trivial PyQt application in /root/test.py:
CODE
#!/usr/bin/python
import sys
from qt import *
from qtpe import *
class MyWin(QVBox):
   def __init__(self, parent):
       QVBox.__init__(self, parent)
       self.setCaption('Test')
       label = QLabel(self)
       label.setText('Hello, world!')
app=QPEApplication(sys.argv)
win=MyWin(None)
app.setMainWidget(win)
win.show()
app.exec_loop()

I type chmod +x test.py and then ./test.py . The app runs OK but when I open another konsole session and type qcop QPE/Application/test.py 'quit()' it doesn't come through.

How do I know that QPE/Application/test.py is the right channel? When the app starts the file /tmp/qcop-msg-test.py is created. I also tried other channels like QPE/Application/python but the results are the same. The funniest thing, though, is that when I say qcop QPE/System 'quit()' the app does quit - and it is the only one to do so! Konsole continues to run, as well as the rest of Opie.

This is a major problem because the taskbar uses qcop to raise() an application when you tap its taskbar icon. So when I set up my app to be launched through an icon, it misbehaves: once it's "minimized" e.g. by pressing the Home button, there is no way to bring it back up - it has to be shut down with SIGTERM.

What I think is happening is that either the app fails to actually create a QCop channel or it creates a different one than Qtopia/Opie expects. Can anyone tell me how to find out the name of the channel a QPEApplication creates? Thanks in advance.

z.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
sdjf
post Aug 28 2008, 08:52 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,551

About qcop channels, the qcoptest tool may help you figure it out, although it's a matter of trial and error, but it will show you when a message gets thru I believe. Here's what I know about qcoptest:

http://sdjf.esmartdesign.com/ipks/qcoptest.html

sdjf
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 06:59 PM