Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to UK users
w14
post Aug 26 2004, 08:31 AM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,049

henley_regatta:

What about opie-checkbook? You can get the sharp rom version, which works well on Cacko 1.21b, from http://opie.handhelds.org/feed/stable/sharprom/

You need libopie1, and I think that's all.

Remember to switch off screen magnification ...

Mike.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
henley_regatta
post Aug 26 2004, 09:04 AM
Post #62

Member No.: 4,383

QUOTE(w14 @ Aug 26 2004, 04:31 PM)
henley_regatta:

What about opie-checkbook?

Mike.

Mike,

Thanks for the recommendation. I wasn't aware of opie-checkbook.

Having tried it, I'm reasonably sure you've never used Handheld's Money on the Psion cool.gif

It's a fairly minimal application, although it does do Exactly What It Says On the Tin. And it's better than nothing; I've already accepted that I'll not be living with my accounts on the Zaurus itself and I've migrated to GnuCash on my home box. opie-checkbook might be "just enough" finances management to cover me when I'm out and about.

And since it produces text output files, I'm in with a fighting chance of writing something that can translate between Opie-Checkbook and Gnucash for sync. That's much closer to my programming experience than writing GUI apps from scratch, anyway!

+Quote Post
gromituk
post Aug 26 2004, 10:19 AM
Post #63

Member No.: 3,783

I used to use Psions - the first one was an XP I think (calculator-style, 2-line by 16-character display, 32k RAM!) in the late 80s. I then graduated to an LZ64 (4-line by 24 character, 64k RAM) and used the XP to do things like control a large map display full of LEDs.

Then it was a 3a, which had at least one new display cable and was then pronounced a writeoff because of a corroding PCB. Then a 5, which is ever so clever but really a bit too fragile, and has a very poor display.

And then two Palm Vxs (lost the first when I was mugged).

And now a C860, with pdaXrom. Hmmm!

+Quote Post
systemparadox
post Nov 11 2004, 09:53 AM
Post #64

Member No.: 4,776

Hi all!
I have had an SL-5500 for a while now, running OZ. I am a computer/linux geek, and was very happy to find that there was a linux pda out there. I nearly bought a palm! I am teaching myself c++ (amongst other things) and hope to expand this to Z development ASAP.

I live in Tavistock, Devon! Is EVERYONE else up north??? I would love to go to a zug meeting, but I don't have a car, and won't be able to get one for a few years yet, so the furthest I could get myself is Exeter (and that's pushing it- especially as the driver will have nothing to do during the meeting). sad.gif

Maybe I could go to a meeting near Manchester... that would have to be VERY well timed, so I doubt it.

Simon

+Quote Post
gromituk
post Nov 11 2004, 10:22 AM
Post #65

Member No.: 3,783

Apex tickets on the train are surprisingly cheap, as are National Express tickets. Public transport does exist, you know tongue.gif

+Quote Post
systemparadox
post Nov 12 2004, 08:20 AM
Post #66

Member No.: 4,776

lol- i'd forgotten.
no, seriously I had!

+Quote Post
suid
post Nov 14 2004, 04:19 AM
Post #67

Member No.: 1,379

Thought I'd introduce myself after reading this forum for nearly 2 years!

Ian, aged 38, living in Lancaster (seems to be a minor hotbed for Zaurus users), working nr Warrington.

Own a C750 with original Sharp ROM, converted to English. Main reason for sticking with the Sharp ROM is that I'm learning Japanese, though very slowly.

The Z is my working PDA, so I'm not too experimental with it. Love the zautrix PIM stuff. Also looking for a decent GPS solution. qpegps is nice but a bit limited and not being developed very actively. This has led me on to X/Qt - got an old familiar version of gpsdrive running okay but the newer version required so many new libraries that I gave up. Now I'm trying X/Qt & debian with the latest gpsdrive & encountering a few problems with portrait mode. Oh well ...

+Quote Post
charlie
post Nov 15 2004, 05:46 AM
Post #68

Member No.: 94

That makes three of us in the Lancaster area. I think a pint is called for. Unfortunately I can only do Saturday lunchtimes.

Chas

+Quote Post
uczmeg
post Nov 15 2004, 06:31 AM
Post #69

Member No.: 4,593

I used to live in Lancaster, if that counts?!

Now in Nottingham

Cheers
Marc

PS Am importing and converting C860s and C3000s. PM or Email me for details...

+Quote Post
suid
post Nov 15 2004, 03:21 PM
Post #70

Member No.: 1,379

Well I'm up for a pint of something, though I don't like beer (no, I'm not originally from the south). Any other interest from fellow Lancastrians, Prestonians or Cumbrians?

Though the thought of a bunch of people sat round a pub table with associated Zaurii strikes me as a bit bizarre.

Ian

+Quote Post
Ferret-Simpson
post Aug 25 2006, 02:20 PM
Post #71

Member No.: 7,295

Hey cool! A UK only zaurus forum!

From Wincanton. Will be From Exeter on the 23rd sept.

5600, Universal, AU5005. . All the others blew up.

+Quote Post
steelmole
post Sep 2 2006, 08:21 AM
Post #72

Member No.: 10,817

UK user here, from Nottingham. Good to see you all.

I've got a C1000, it works pretty well although my sitecom CF wireless card doesn't work, which is quite annoying. Does anyone know where to get a better CF wifi card, preferably for not too much cash...

+Quote Post
Dobby
post Sep 12 2006, 12:53 AM
Post #73

Member No.: 10,467

Only just noticed this thread. I'm from Bournemouth but work in Harlow. Soon moving to Redhill (London) (I hope).

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 03:02 PM