IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Kanji Nirvana scrollbar problem
edwinbradford
post Aug 7 2004, 04:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,099

I've just started using Kanji Nirvana on my C700 and come across a display problem as shown here:

http://www.behindyou.info/test/zaurus/KanjiNirvana.jpg

Whenever there's enough content to require a scrollbar, the scrollbar obscures the content. I've tried different releases of Kanji Nirvana and I've tried different Appearance themes but to no avail. Has anyone seen this before or know or suggest a fix? I'm using the default Japanese Sharp ROM, latest version.

If I can't fix it can anyone suggest other Kanji lookup software? Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
edwinbradford
post Aug 8 2004, 01:00 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,099

Thanks Stu. I've emailed a screen shot of the problem to the developer who ported it to the C700, hopefully we'll see it fixed in the next release, I'll post any reply I get.

+Quote Post
ShiroiKuma
post Sep 21 2005, 08:44 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,385

QUOTE(edwinbradford @ Aug 8 2004, 10:00 AM)
Thanks Stu. I've emailed a screen shot of the problem to the developer who ported it to the C700, hopefully we'll see it fixed in the next release, I'll post any reply I get.

'S been a long while, but has anyone fixed this scrollbar problem in any way, other than switching the font to a teeny-tiny one. This really is a problem when using KanjiNirvana, for me...

+Quote Post
ShiroiKuma
post Sep 21 2005, 09:01 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,385

QUOTE(rehorrericha @ Sep 21 2005, 05:44 PM)
'S been a long while, but has anyone fixed this scrollbar problem in any way, other than switching the font to a teeny-tiny one. This really is a problem when using KanjiNirvana, for me...

To answer my own question, in case anyone needs it, somewhere I found this compiled kani file, which fixes the scrollbar problem beautifully.

Unpack it to /home/QtPalmtop/bin/kani

Also, replace the unifont with a bigger font and you will see beautifully big kanji, not the tiny ones the unifont provides. I used efont

CODE
ln -s /home/QtPalmtop/lib/fonts/efont_240_50_t10.qpf /home/QtPalmtop/lib/fonts/unifont_160_50_t10.qpf

and that's it, it runs beautifully now.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  kani.zip ( 70.26K ) Number of downloads: 93

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 09:15 AM