OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Usb Printer, possible using host port?
zipmaster
post Nov 10 2004, 09:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,353

I, as I'm sure many of you, have a usb printer. I noticed from reading this forum that the little usb port on the bottem is for hosting devices. I was wondering if it's possible for me to hook up my printer to that and what software would I need to print out my documents and such?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
sgtron
post Feb 18 2005, 05:53 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,544

I'm sure you could do a great deal of things with Firefox, Openzaurus, etc... I want the machine I bought, stock kernel, the machine Sharp said "Hey this thing as USB" to work. All the jumping through hoops we do to get things to work is ridiculous.

+Quote Post
adf
post Feb 18 2005, 11:17 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,572

Ah... but that is based on the premise that sharp does software development smile.gif

Honestly though... I compiled usb printer and scanner support into my kernel (it is a recompile of the fast kernel sources from guylhem, and it runs on a sharp rom with no more trouble than an update and the removal of a module or two). I'll try to test it myself, and post any worthwhile results. So far, I seem to have been lucky about getting stuff going, but not so lucky it goes on the 1st try.

now I just have to find usb printers and scanners....

+Quote Post
alee16
post Jun 9 2006, 07:00 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,009

QUOTE(adf @ Feb 19 2005, 03:17 AM)
Ah... but that is based on the premise that sharp does software development smile.gif

Honestly though... I compiled usb printer and scanner support into my kernel (it is a recompile of the fast kernel sources from guylhem, and it runs on a sharp rom with no more trouble than an update and the removal of a module or two). I'll try to test it myself, and post any worthwhile results. So far, I seem to have been lucky about getting stuff going, but not so lucky it goes on the 1st try.

now I just have to find usb printers and scanners....

Did you ever get it to work with a USB printer?

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 04:37 AM