IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Best Place To Purchase C860?
mtoohey
post Nov 23 2004, 05:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,561

Ok guys, I'm sold. I am going to buy a C860. Now the question is where should I look to purchase one? Anyone have any good stories / horror stories on vendors? I was thinking about Japan-Direct.com... They have a decent price, but I am concerned about obtaining a decent warranty. What do you guys think? Whats the dirt on vendors?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
rdwtux
post Jan 17 2005, 04:28 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,134

pricejapan.com is great. The owner stays in contact, provides shipping information and addresses concerns quickly. Also (hopefully no borderpatrol listening) he de-values the item so the import taxes (if you do get hit) are nothing.

I definately recommend them.

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Jan 20 2005, 10:35 AM
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(rdwtux @ Jan 18 2005, 12:28 AM)
pricejapan.com is great.  The owner stays in contact, provides shipping information and addresses concerns quickly.  Also (hopefully no borderpatrol listening) he de-values the item so the import taxes (if you do get hit) are nothing.

there's a bit of risk in devaluing the item to below the price the dealer pays, in that customs and excise can look at the shipping insurance, or the shipper will only pay for the value declared to C&E.

a good seller could thus set the price to perhaps *his* cost of replacing the item, minus the spares value of a broken zaurus (chances of severe damage might be much higher than the item going missing).

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2015 - 11:16 PM