2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Usb Webcam, anyone got it working?
Razzle
post Nov 23 2004, 02:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,224

Has anyone gottan an usb webcam working with the Z?
If so, is there an arm version of vidcat?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aki
post Nov 26 2004, 06:57 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,061

I don't think anyone has, but I agree it would be great to be able to use them with the Z. There is a well established project at sourceforge for a kernel module to support the more common chipset, so it may not be too hard to get it working on the Z. Check out my previous post and the link in it.

+Quote Post
johnw
post Dec 2 2004, 05:54 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,083

It would be cool if there was webcam software that worked with the Sharp CE-AG06 Digital Camera card.

+Quote Post
Razzle
post Dec 3 2004, 01:54 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,224

QUOTE(aki @ Nov 26 2004, 03:57 PM)
I don't think anyone has, but I agree it would be great to be able to use them with the Z. There is a well established project at sourceforge for a kernel module to support the more common chipset, so it may not be too hard to get it working on the Z. Check out my previous post and the link in it.

You link appears to be dead, can you check for misspelllings?

+Quote Post
cwaig
post Dec 3 2004, 02:04 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,081

I think you have to compile a kernel with Video4Linux support before USB webcam driver modules can be built (looking at Sharp's kernel patch set for the SL6000, they didn't include V4L in it).

+Quote Post
aki
post Dec 3 2004, 02:55 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Razzle @ Dec 3 2004, 09:54 AM)
I don't think anyone has, but I agree it would be great to be able to use them with the Z.  There is a well established project at sourceforge for a kernel module to support the more common chipset, so it may not be too hard to get it working on the Z.  Check out my previous post and the link in it.

Sorry about that.
Here's my original post:
It would be great to have the capability to hook up a USB web cam.  There is an active project here that does just that for Linux, with a kernel module.  Perhaps one of our more capable members can take a crack at getting it  working with sl-6000????

Still looking for a capable member to save the day...

+Quote Post
nightfly
post Dec 4 2004, 05:25 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 5,676

QUOTE(aki @ Dec 3 2004, 10:55 PM)
QUOTE(Razzle @ Dec 3 2004, 09:54 AM)
I don't think anyone has, but I agree it would be great to be able to use them with the Z.  There is a well established project at sourceforge for a kernel module to support the more common chipset, so it may not be too hard to get it working on the Z.  Check out my previous post and the link in it.

Sorry about that.
Here's my original post:
It would be great to have the capability to hook up a USB web cam.  There is an active project here that does just that for Linux, with a kernel module.  Perhaps one of our more capable members can take a crack at getting it  working with sl-6000????

Still looking for a capable member to save the day...

np smile.gif
Actually it's the SF link that appears to be dead (at least for me).. Just redirects me to the sf frontpage. Also I can't find the project with the site search.

+Quote Post
aki
post Dec 4 2004, 12:22 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(nightfly @ Dec 4 2004, 01:25 PM)
Actually it's the SF link that appears to be dead (at least for me).. Just redirects me to the sf frontpage. Also I can't find the project with the site search.

Got it. I mangled the SF address -- should be sourceforge.net instead of .com. This is the right link.

Here's a little blurb from the FAQ:
What is NW802 ?
The NW802 chip is a Divio product which is used in some webcam. The purpose of this kernel module is to allow camera based on this chipset to be used in linux as V4L devices.
How to use/compile this module ?
First, download the sources. Then type make. It should produce nw802.o and usbvideo.o . Then modprobe videodev, insmod usbvideo.o & insmod nw802.o . Now the module is loaded. usbvideo.c & usbvideo.h are included in the CVS tree & in the packages but these files are actually part of the kernel tree. I included them because they may have not been built with your kernel. If you wish, you can copy these from /usr/src/linux/drivers/usb/ (eg. to get newer versions. The one I use are the one used in the 2.4.18 kernel ).

+Quote Post
kmeaw
post Sep 12 2005, 07:40 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 3,907

I am trying to get Genius VideoCam V4 to work. Module loads successfully, but I get panics when trying to read /dev/video0.

+Quote Post
adf
post Sep 12 2005, 09:00 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 4,572

what are you doing to read /dev/video0 ? I have v4l and a camera module working but no idea how to check output.

+Quote Post
kmeaw
post Sep 13 2005, 03:50 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 3,907

I am just doing cat /dev/video0
If you want to get a picture, use spcaview, compiled by koen (see my question in OZ/GPE thread). If you have modules, could you compile spca50x (spca50x.sourceforge.net) and upload videodev.o & spca50x.o somewhere?

+Quote Post
adf
post Sep 13 2005, 01:01 PM
Post #12

here is a ton o modules commpiled from guylhem's unified kernel source. I don't rmemeber hat i put in there.... the idea was to compile everything that would go easily and tar it up. I think the spca cam is on board, I was interested in the v4l stuff at the time and tried to include everything. atm i have stv680 hard coded in the kernel I'm using as well as v4l. I think ther kernel here has v4l har coded and the cameras as modules;
(all built for 6k, but the modules might work elsewhere... dl the linux..etc.tarball to get 'em)

[URL=http://www.anyerlildog2.com/zug/]

edit
cat /proc/video/dev/video0
name : STV0680 USB Camera
type : VID_TYPE_CAPTURE
hardware : 0x1e

cat /proc/video/stv680/video0
driver_version : v0.24
hardware : 0x1e
in use : no
streaming : no
Current size : 0x0
swapRGB : (auto) off
Palette : 0
Frames total : 0
Frames read : 0
Packets dropped: 0
Decoding errors : 0

I think much of the last message s aout the fact that there is nothing using it.--if any of this helps?

edit2
no spca cam drivers but maybe a half dozen others

+Quote Post
lardman
post Sep 15 2005, 12:54 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 464

If you have modules, could you compile spca50x

It's in OE, build it (for your machine kernel).

If you want to get a picture, use spcaview

mplayer can play from v4l devices can't it?

Si

+Quote Post
adf
post Sep 15 2005, 03:34 PM
Post #14

ugh. I'll check. If it does I'll go buy myself a tall pointy hat and a copy of hooked on phonics. blink.gif

+Quote Post
lpotter
post Sep 16 2005, 02:26 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 1,001

I have gotten a webcam working. It took a kernel recompile, a few commands, and qtopia 2 camera app. smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th December 2014 - 08:31 PM