ixus doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Gender Not Set
Joined: 30-May 06
Profile Views: 388*
Last Seen: 25th September 2006 - 11:20 PM
Local Time: Dec 6 2013, 10:33 PM
4 posts (0 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
25 Sep 2006
Whenever I record a TV program (from my satellite decoder) on my Archos AV500 the file plays OK on my computer in any movie software (e.g. media player). If I burn it to disc and try to play it in my DVD / DivX player (Tevion QS808) then the movie has no sound.
If I re-encode the file as DivX before burning it then the sound is Ok, but the conversion takes ages (I reckon a 2 hour film takes about 5 hours using DivX converter)
Mpeg4 files downloaded from the internet play Ok (with good audio) when I drop then straight onto a disc and play them in the DVD player.
Maybe this shows my lack of understanding of the difference between mpeg4 & DivX but does anyone have any advice about this problem?
30 May 2006
I recently connected my Archos AV500 to my PC as I had done many times before, and could only get a message stating that the drive was not formatted and asking if I wanted to ‘format now?’ !!!
Knowing that this would lose all the valuable data I had stored in it, as well as all the factory installed data, information, samples etc. I was a little concerned to say the least.
All that I had done differently recently, was to changes the settings to ‘windows device’ from ‘hard drive’ so that I could synchronise some stuff from a friend’s computer (he has XP … I use Win 2000) … and then back again.
It’s not the end of the world if you have to format the hard drive … but it was a bloody nuisance!
Others may be interested in the lessons learned!
1. Copy all factory installed files from the Archos on to your PC hard drive or write a CD / DVD.
2. Download the latest software from www.Archos.com and keep a copy safe (not on the Archos!) … there was a new version last week by the way …1.5.12
3. If you record any films, music, or TV that you want to keep forever then don’t keep them on the Archos!
4. Factory installed samples (photos & films), wallpaper, etc are available for download from FTP://support.archos.com
5. If you need to format the drive but it won’t talk to the PC through the normal USB, try plugging a flash memory card (the bigger the better) into the other (left hand) USB socket and copy stuff onto it.
6. Avoid changing back & forward between ‘hard drive’ and ‘windows device’ … not sure if this was the cause of the problem but you never know!
7.Always have mains power (not battery) when moving files around.
Hope this helps others avoid similar problems!
ixus has no visitors to display.
Other users have left no comments for ixus.
There are no friends to display.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 6th December 2013 - 01:33 PM|