andyaws doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Gender Not Set
Joined: 27-November 06
Profile Views: 296*
Last Seen: 4th January 2007 - 04:57 AM
Local Time: Dec 19 2014, 09:22 AM
3 posts (0 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
9 Dec 2006
Exactly which packages do I need to get sound for games working on a collie?
Is there a xxx.conf file I need to set up, or a module I may be missing?
5 Dec 2006
I got my Collie yesterday, flashed it with Hentges-Opie latest (20061108 I think).
I then moved the root to an SD (110M loop file) and added the CardFS install to that via How-Tos on openzaurus.org and Hentges.net.
Everything seems to be working fine, I even managed to get the USB bridge working in both WindowsXP and Ubuntu6.10 and installed a few packages.
My main questions:
- Since I am running from an SD image can I remove any of the original 'flash' install that I did initially, to free up internal memory?
- Or is that still needed to initially boot and run altboot?
- And would there be any advantage to doing this?
- I originally flashed internally with Opie, would flashing with the Bootstrap image, then just using Opie for the SD install have been a better choice? Or is that not possible?
- Unrelated: How do I start Opie from the command line?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear this up for me.
andyaws has no visitors to display.
Other users have left no comments for andyaws.
There are no friends to display.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 06:22 AM|