pdahero doesn't have a personal statement currently.
40 years old
Gender Not Set
Joined: 26-December 06
Profile Views: 948*
Last Seen: 30th December 2015 - 02:53 AM
Local Time: Jan 20 2017, 05:01 PM
14 posts (0 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
15 Jul 2007
So I've got a C860 right now. It's cool enough, but yesterday in a store downtown I found a few used Zauri (Zaurii?)
There's a used C3100 (4gig micro drive) for ¥26300 (about $215) and a C1000 for ¥25000 (about $200.) Here in Japan that's pretty cheap for a Zaurus (even used) as in stores they are regularly much more, and go for $300 or more on auctions. The C3300(?) new in stores is still $600 ...
My question is, is it worth getting either one of them? Are they an improvement over the C860 in terms of software, updated OS, etc? I've had trouble getting software to install/run properly on my C860, would either of these newer Zauri solve this problem?
Thanks in advance!
27 Jun 2007
I'm thinking of changing the ROM on my c860. The two most interesting right now are pdaXrom and Cacko. I have a few questions about the install, etc.
1. How easy is it to install and how long does it take? (I've done a quick once-over of the documentation.)
2. I'd like to be able to use my WiFi card (http://www.ambicom.com/products/wave2net/wl1100c-cf.html) without any config if possible. Which distro makes that possible (or easiest)?
3. I'd like to keep Japanese input and display abilities. Is Cacko better for that?
4. How do I go about syncing with my PC after I've changed my distro? Does "Zaurus Drive" still work?
5. If I b0rk everything up, how easy is it to reset the whole thing back to factory condition?
I know I should RTF threads, FAQs & documentation, but I'm really busy during the days and don't have a lot of time Any help here is greatly appreciated!
4 Jun 2007
A few months back I picked up an Ambicom WiFi card for my Zaurus. It works great - just plug it in and connect. I'm pretty sure it's this guy: http://www.ambicom.com/products/wave2net/wl1100c-cf.html
The problem is that it kills my battery - I can get about an hour of surf time before my battery goes yellow then I get the "connect to AC power" message. I'm on a pretty new battery too; I just got it this February and have only charged it about 5 times.
I can use AC power but I don't want to kill the battery prematurely. Is there some way to throttle the power consumption?
Thanks for any advice!
31 Dec 2006
I've got some questions about my 860.
I'm currently a Mac user, but I was a Linux user back in the day (before graphical installs ) Going back to Linux after so many years has been fun, but difficult.
I have a stock C860:
MetroWerks OpenPDA version 1.0
Qtopia version 1.5.4
Compiled by SHARP
ROM version 1.40 JP
No custom ROMs or anything.
1. Can I get X11 to run? Where can I find the install package? This download link does not work, in fact the project does not exist.
2. Why am I having trouble with SDL? I have been able to run zmamefull (albeit extremely sluggishly) in the past, so I'm guessing it's okay. I'm trying to run znester but all I get is "Could not initialize SDL: No available video device." Is there something I've done wrong?
3. Where can I get gcc? I've found a zgcc package, but it didn't install properly. Without gcc I have to find .ipks for everything. I'd like to try compling gopher and retawq if possible.
I appreciate anyone's help
Other users have left no comments for pdahero.
There are no friends to display.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 20th January 2017 - 12:01 AM|