halx doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Gender Not Set
Joined: 31-March 04
Profile Views: 138*
Last Seen: 22nd May 2007 - 05:37 AM
Local Time: Feb 20 2017, 10:34 PM
76 posts (0 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
17 Mar 2005
I'm proud to announce a new EPWING conversion of Jim Breen's (Thank you again!) Kanjidic
in 4 languages to be found at my EPWING dictionaries site.
What's new in version 1.7:
* large bitmaps (88x88 pixel) for all kanji
* search by classical radical via menu
* all kanji lists now prefixed by stroke counts
* several small bug fixes
A note about the Perl conversion scripts :
I implemented a simple markup interface to FreePWING which should make it easier to modify/write own conversion scripts. The Perl module is part of the scripts' archive and all the scripts make use of it. I also tried to write some documentation but for examples have a look at the scripts.
Hope you enjoy,
7 Feb 2005
I hope somebody from this forum could answer the following question.
I'd like to convert some nice TTF kanji fonts into bitmaps of appropriate size and use them (in particular for a kanji dictionary). From what I heard in some countries bitmap fonts are not copyrightable, while others allow copyrights on font shapes. But what if I want to bitmap a freely downdable but possibly copyrighted font?
Any help appreciated,
29 Jan 2005
I am proud to announce another set of updated EPWING dictionaries .
KanjiDic now comes in four languages. Also, the dictionary supports links to kanji variants or alternatively prints the variants as bitmap graphics.
EDICT, ENAMDICT and examples sentences have been created with the latest versions of these dictionaries. In addition, I fixed a bug in EDICT.
More detail can be found in the ChangeLog files.
28 Nov 2004
once again I uploaded enhanced and updated dictionary conversions (EPWING format).
* added gaiji bitmaps for french version, i.e. accented characters are shown now (ugly console8x16 font for now, but readable)
* corrected license for Russian version (a separate project)
* search by radicals in keyword search
* accented characters, etc. for spanish and german version
* just some cleanup
I also put the Perl conversion scripts to my wepage for those who like to build custom versions (the scripts accept some flags for that purpose) or want to write their own scripts.
As usual see ChangeLog for more detailed information.
4 Nov 2004
I'd like to announce once again updates to my conversions of some dictionaries to EPWING format .
* new Spanish version!
* some minor changes in English and German versions (resulting in smaller sizes again)
* new French and Russian (though quite small) versions!
* dictionaries also searchable via Romaji keys.
* converted kanji to kana for output and search keys (automatically, so be careful!)
(See ChangeLog for more detailed information)
4 Feb 2008 - 10:09
Other users have left no comments for halx.
There are no friends to display.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 20th February 2017 - 05:34 AM|