Hakkikkt doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Gender Not Set
Joined: 15-April 04
Profile Views: 510*
Last Seen: 14th September 2007 - 12:36 PM
Local Time: Jan 20 2017, 06:22 PM
21 posts (0 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
8 Nov 2006
after several tries and with help of lardman I finally managed to compile R.
R is a software package for statistical computing, more information you find here:
You can download a binary for testing on OZ/GPE 22.214.171.124 here:
The ipk contains the basic R binary, the documentation, the reccomended modules and the gstat module. After installation you will have 70MB less space on your Z. Therefore I recommend to install it on SD or CF. ipkg-link does not work for big packages like R (there is an assigned entry in the bugtracker on this topic already). An easy solution is to set an symbolic link from the installation directory to /usr/local like this:
ln -s /media/card/packages/usr/local /usr/local
Unfortunately opening a graphics window will NOT work with the tiny libx11 included in OZ. You may want to replace the small libx11 with the full version. This will need 10MB of additional space on your root system (or on SD / CF). You will find version of libx11 that works with R at the above mentioned place.
If you need additional R-modules, you will have to compile them on your Z (see Dcoumentation on the R-homepage) and therefore need the native-sdk and several additional packages (see http://people.web.psi.ch/kosakowski/R-zaurus/README).
I tested the binary on my C760 and on qemu (with poky/OE), I have no idea if it works on other models ;-)
Happy computing, Georg
1 Nov 2006
once or twice a year I try to compile R (www.r-project.org) for my C760. For compilation of R gcc and g77 are needed and later the R-binary is used to compile further modules (which makes it diffult to build with a cross-compiler
My latest attempt was a native compilation based on OZ 126.96.36.199 (gpe) and the native sdk + additional packages as listed in the OZ wiki.
Configuration and compilation was without problems until linking of the main R binary.
Linking failed with the following message:
gcc -Wl,--export-dynamic -L/usr/local/lib -o R.bin Rmain.o CConverters.o CommandLineArgs.o Rdynload.o Renviron.o RNG.o apply.o arithmetic.o apse.o array.o attrib.o base.o bind.o builtin.o character.o coerce.o colors.o complex.o connections.o context.o cov.o cum.o dcf.o datetime.o debug.o deparse.o deriv.o dotcode.o dounzip.o dstruct.o duplicate.o engine.o envir.o errors.o eval.o format.o fourier.o gevents.o gram.o gram-ex.o graphics.o identical.o internet.o iosupport.o lapack.o list.o localecharset.o logic.o main.o mapply.o match.o memory.o model.o names.o objects.o optim.o optimize.o options.o par.o paste.o pcre.o platform.o plot.o plot3d.o plotmath.o print.o printarray.o printvector.o printutils.o qsort.o random.o regex.o registration.o relop.o rlocale.o saveload.o scan.o seq.o serialize.o size.o sort.o source.o split.o sprintf.o startup.o subassign.o subscript.o subset.o summary.o sysutils.o unique.o util.o version.o vfonts.o xxxpr.o ../unix/libunix.a ../appl/libappl.a ../nmath/libnmath.a -L../../lib -lRblas -lg2c -lm -lgcc_s ../extra/zlib/libz.a ../extra/bzip2/libbz2.a ../extra/pcre/libpcre.a -lreadline -ldl -lm
/lib/ld-linux.so.2: undefined reference to `errno'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
At the moment I have no idea if this is related to R or if it is a OZ problem. Did someone encounter a similar problem before?
Many thanks, Georg
4 Jan 2005
instead of hiding everything in the main Cacko 1.22 thread I deceided to put this remark/solution into a new one.
I finally got my Navilock GPS CF card (SIRF Star II/Low Power chipset) working.
The problem was, that it identified itself as
"CF CARD", "GENERIC", "", ""
This entry is also found in /etc/buetooth/uart and /etc/bluetooth/serial, which are called from /etc/pcmcia/serial
and every time the card was inserted, not only serial_cs.o was loaded, also the blueZ drivers were loaded (and ttyS3 was not accessible).
As I have no need for the bluetooth drivers, I simply renamed /etc/bluetooth/uart and /etc/bluetooth/serial and now everything works fine for me ;-)
And now I am really happy with the new Cacko rom .... great work!
Have fun, Georg
30 Nov 2007 - 0:18
Other users have left no comments for Hakkikkt.
There are no friends to display.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 20th January 2017 - 06:22 PM|