roderickv doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Gender Not Set
Joined: 20-May 04
Profile Views: 371*
Last Seen: 24th January 2006 - 04:20 PM
Local Time: Feb 26 2017, 11:20 AM
39 posts (0 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
13 Jul 2004
Does anyone know how to re-associate a different program with a particular file type? Specifically, I have Cacko ROM installed which comes with the Opera web browser in addition to Netfonts. I have installed and prefer to use Qpdf to view Adobe PDF files but I guess Opera is the default application for reading PDF files, so every time I try to read a PDF file throught the GUI, Opera pops up and tries to connect to the Internet, the problem is I want to use QPDF for viewing these file because it does a much better job with PDF files than Opera. Is there a way to get Qpdf to pop up instead of Opera? I would even be willing to uninstall Opera if that was the only way but I don't know how to do that properly either since it came on the ROM. Thanks in advance.
13 Jul 2004
OK, after find just the right software and ROM, I now have just about the perfect machine . I can go with out my laptop for most trips, except for one problem... I can't print from the Zaurus! I've searched through the site threads but I find little on the subject;
Has anyone figured out (or is working on) a way to print from the Zaurus? Most of the other good handhelds I've owned (all substandard to the Zaurus of course) had the ability to print directly from the infrared port to a printer that had an infrared port like the HP LJ 2100 for example. Even the old Zaurus ZR8500 (totally different machine) I owned could do this, But the new Zauri can't. I would even settle for a way to print wireless over an 80211b or g network, that would be great also. Are there no great minds working on this?
20 May 2004
I am new to the forum and to the Linux line of Zaurii. I have had just about every other palmtop device and now I want to learn as much as possible about this new C860 I purchased from dynamism.com. However, I have a few real dumb questions right off the bat. Please bear with me...
1. For the life of me I can not find the handwritting recognition toggle. I don't have the little arrow next to the keyboard on the task bar. Is there a command I can use from the command line to get it there or something?
2. I have downloaded some programs and tried to install them using .ipk files. When I try, I get and error saying the filename has been changed from the orginal - Please change the filename to _name here_ and retry. That happens with any program I try to install. Changing the file name doesn't help.
3. Is there somewhere in the forum that discusses networking? I am wireless now, but I would like to actually add the C860 to my network. Is that possible?
4. If I upgrade to the CRACO ROM can I still run the Qtopia software? What does the CRACO ROM come with.
Sorry if these are really dumb. Any Help would be appreciated?
roderickv has no visitors to display.
Other users have left no comments for roderickv.
There are no friends to display.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 26th February 2017 - 11:20 AM|