andrewmaier doesn't have a personal statement currently.
50 years old
Gender Not Set
Joined: 8-February 04
Profile Views: 482*
Last Seen: 31st July 2007 - 12:34 AM
Local Time: Feb 24 2017, 01:57 PM
26 posts (0 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
16 Jan 2007
Is it just me or are others too having problems reaching www.pdaxrom.org??
I tried from various locations (work, home) and could not connect
23 Feb 2006
I am having no success in trying to use IRDA on my C3100 under Cacko 1.23. With my "old" C760 with cacko 1.22b beaming files (addresses, meetings) works fine. Is anyone else having this problem?
Has anything changed concerning with IR from 1.22 to 1.23? Or perhaps since the hardware is different, a different /etc/irda.conf file is necessary?
Any hints welcome
14 Nov 2005
So I have a Sl-760 and a Pretec wlan card (Cacko rom). The wlan works fine (even for my WPA enabled setup at home), but the time I get out of being online appears to be very short. At max I can get something like 30 min without the battery running out. Is there any way to improve this?
Do the wlan drivers support any energy saving mode. If so how is this enabled? Bandwidth is not normally the problem. I mainly want to read my mail and surf the web, which is sufficiently fast in most cases. But the battery life is so short being online, I hardly do it without having my power adapter with me, which is a bit odd
So what do you do to improve the battery life while being online? Do you have similar experiences?
Any clues welcome,
16 Sep 2005
I just uploaded two packages to the Cacko feed upload.
1. ed. ed is the classic Unix line editor. While proably nobody will use it as his/her main editor, it still is useful in scripts (Sources originally from www.gnu.org)
2. rlrp. Rlpr is an implementation of lpr the Unix line printer. It allows you to print to remote printers using the lpr protocol. In contrast to standard lpr you can print directly to a printer queue wihtout having to setup an /etc/printcap file. Thus you can do things like
rlpr -Pqueue@remote.printer.com myfile.txt.
Of course your printer has to understand the file format you are sending, as rlpr does not convert anything. Unfortunately, printing is not a strong point of the Z, but I just learnt that TextMaker, the wordprocessor, allows printing via lpr. So now with rlpr and TextMaker, you should be able to print out your documents.
If you want to try them now, you can download them from my web page at www.andrew.maier.name/zaurus/
12 Sep 2005
this evening I will start toto take Japanese lessons, and I was wondering if and how to use my Sl-760 for this. Does anyone have recommendations on what to install. In addition I have a few questions, before I dig any deeper:
1) Does it make sense to install the Cacko Japanese ROM? Specifically I read that the ctrl alt mapping is turned off for the Japanese rom, Does that mean I won't have any ctrl keys. I heavily rely on the ctrl key in the terminal app.
2.) I read in the excellent Cacko Japanese Howto (http://my-zaurus.narod.ru/cacko-jp-howto.html) that I can install several different input methods. Are these inputmethods self explanatory, or is there some knowledge necessary and if so where can I find some docs?
3) What Kana and Kanji training tools are there around. Any recommendations?
23 Jul 2008 - 2:14
Other users have left no comments for andrewmaier.
There are no friends to display.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 24th February 2017 - 04:57 AM|