richardh doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Gender Not Set
Joined: 20-September 04
Profile Views: 61*
Last Seen: 14th January 2005 - 08:35 PM
Local Time: Dec 5 2013, 09:48 AM
16 posts (0 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
27 Oct 2004
Wanting to see if I could play Ultima 7 on my RC5 system I grabbed the 1.1.10rc2 exult package from the stable feed. Well, it runs on RC5, but many of the colors seem either inverted or really far off.. it looks like it could be great, but with such strange colors it is pretty much unplayable.
1) Anyone got this to work on earlier builds so I can tell if this is a RC5 problem or just a configuation issue.
2) Any chance of someone compiling the 1.2 version for RC5? Sash?
9 Oct 2004
I am about to upgrade from RC3 to RC5 and was looking for some pointers on the sizes of the root and /home filesystems. Currently I had 51Mb in root and 72Mb in /home, but root was getting a bit tight. Any reason not to put 100% in root or perhaps an 80%-20% split? I have a sd card for bulk storage, so I don't anticipate much in my home dir.
8 Oct 2004
I noted in a few places statements that suggest that backwards compatibility is broken from RC5 to what came before. If this is true, does this apply to to debian arm distro as well? I had gotten several commandline binaries from deb (i.e nmap, pkill) and was looking forward to having that massive archive to choose from. Is the compatiblity thing a lib issue or a kernel one or what?
Also, does anyone know if the feed2 for RC3 ipks is still available somewhere?
20 Sep 2004
I am hoping that someone can give me some pointers on ebook reading software. I am running a c860 with PdaXRom Kathrin RC3 and have tried the following:
1) Justreader (justreader_2.0j_armv5tel.ipk from pdaxrom.org feed2). The software runs, but I can't identify any way to remap keys so that the rocker on the side pages when in portrait mode. In fact any changes I make to the "controls2" tab on the configuration screen don't seem to get saved. Is there a config file anywhere? I would be happy to use this software if I could just make it a bit more "booklike"
2) opie-reader (opie-reader_0.7f-1_armv5tel.ipk from unstable on pdaxrom.org) This software runs and seems to have a much better customization screen, but the text display is horrible. All text is garbled with unknown character squares between almost every letter regardless of what character set I try and put it into. I can get rid of the squares by choosing ideogram, but then all of the letters are widely spaced. Feels llike I may be missing some libraries, but nothing is mentioned.
richardh has no visitors to display.
Other users have left no comments for richardh.
There are no friends to display.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 5th December 2013 - 01:48 AM|