HennaOjisan doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Gender Not Set
Joined: 11-October 03
Profile Views: 324*
Last Seen: 5th November 2005 - 11:31 PM
Local Time: Feb 23 2017, 01:43 AM
33 posts (0 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
30 Jul 2004
I just put up some Overlay Brilliant screen protectors for bids on eBay. These are extras I bought and I thought someone might want it here.
I use these personally on my C760. Much much better than the original protector that comes with the Z and much much brighter.
Please see here
These items are brand new, in US and I will ship only within US.
Contact for any questions.
23 Dec 2003
Thought I share just in case there is someone interested.
I just completed upgrading my C760 JP to C860 JP spec. I couldn't think of any reason why it wouldn't work. It works and while the Translator is a huge file (50MB), it has far better vocabulary than the standard dictionary so I found it worth while. Of course USB storage is nice. Now I gotta decide which way to converge, X11 or Sharp JP.
Steps I took was:
1) Get ROM image from http://downloads.conics.net/pda/zaurus-sl-.../service-menus/
2) Rename the file from SYSTC860.DBK to SYSTC760.DBK
4) This image contains the translator dictionary in the user area, so if you "Erase All", you will lose the dictionary. I use SD card to hold/organize some apps and data. Transfer "/home/QtPalmtop/translator" to CF/SD card. That's the 50MB dictionary you want to keep.
5) Goto ~zaurus/Setting/ and edit "translator.conf" and "translator_ej.conf" with appropriate paths.
6) Make sure everything works at this point. Backup if necessary. Then, "Erase all" to refresh.
7) Now you can rebuild your Z with the new Translator and USB storage.
Note: You can't "Restore" from the old C760 data, but I suspect if you took the time to edit the backup list files, you could probably do it. I simply rebuit it and transfered the PIM data etc manually.
When you "Backup" now, it will back it up as C860. The service menu will change to C860 as well. No problems so far for me, but do it at your own risk :wink:
21 Nov 2003
Haven't seen this news here, but it's official now. SL-6000.
For corporate users. (in Japanese)
Here's a machine translation to English that I copied.
14 Nov 2003
Has anyone looked at the following external battery pack??? I believe it can be used for the Z at 5V output. It has 8800mAh (5 times that of standard C760 battery!). I'm starting to get frustrated by the short battery life of C760 with Wifi...
Any other similar alternatives???
12 Nov 2003
Notable change seems to be the color to Champagne Gold. I personally liked the white on 760... Also the translation engine appears to be built into NetFront web browser... irrelevant for non-Japan users
Other users have left no comments for HennaOjisan.
There are no friends to display.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 22nd February 2017 - 11:43 PM|