allanjard doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Gender Not Set
Joined: 13-March 05
Profile Views: 877*
Last Seen: 27th September 2007 - 01:43 PM
Local Time: Apr 23 2017, 08:52 PM
48 posts (0 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
17 Aug 2005
Does anyone know of any programs for pdaxrom that will let me perform xsl-fo etc transforms? The editor part is obviously just a text editor, although a specialist application would be nice as well. I couldn't see any, but there might be something I missed...
18 Jun 2005
I'm having problems downloading OZ 3.5.3 (or any other version for that matter) for my c1000 (or any other model...) from the OZ web-site. The download simply cuts off a random points. I'll get 3.3Mb or 9.1Mb, 100Kb or 1.5Mb of the file before the download cuts out. I've tried using Safari, Firefox Mac, Cameo and IE5 Mac but none of them will download the files.
Has anyone else noticed this kind of thing? Does anyone know of a mirror where I can download the c1000 files? (the mirrors I found don't have it).
9 Jun 2005
For a number of years now I've been using the Zaurus software index (www.killefiz.de/zaurus) for applications for my sl-5500. Now I've upgraded to a c1000, and I'm using the pdaxrom feeds for the software - I didn't realise until today that ZSI had been replaced by the Embedded Linux Software Index (www.elsix.org) - and it would appear that many are the same. I understand Roy who has been developing elsix.org doesn't have time to work on it any more and I was wondering if there was interest from others who would like to see a new central web-site for Zaurus software.
- Search - the index should be easily and fully searchable - almost google like in its simplicity
- Platforms - the Zaurus community used to be rather compact, but its incredibly diverse now, and I would like to include a feature which will indicate which platform software has been created for, fully tested on and works on.
- Easy interface - so we can use it from our Z's :-)
- Feedback - (possibly using moderators) do dead links etc are removed
- Version tracking for software - so each package is only mentioned once
- Capture remote data from feeds - Feeds are used a lot now, but aren't all that helpful if you don't have access to the net from your Z. Collecting data from the feeds would save a lot of effort on the part of developers. And they could then go to the site and add information about the package (or use information from another package if its the same for a different rom etc).
Ideas taken from:
- www.killefiz.de/zaurus - wonderful site, but a little lacking in some areas and not updated much
- www.elsix.org - not updated much, a bit lack-luster.
- www.versiontracker.com - wonderul site for macintosh software
- www.rpmfind.net - very useful site for finding packages for a particular linux distro.
What do you all think?
- I'm not much of a software for an OS developer, I'm a web-developer, so this is a little way of giving something back to a very cool community...
6 Jun 2005
I've been playing with KO/PI on my c1000 with rc10. I was trying to set up a sync with a local file however KO/PI crashes as soon as I okay the sync. Have anyone else noticed this?
I also tried syncing with a remote file - I got the config slightly wrong and KO/PI crashed taking everything with it - the only way to recover was battery remove... Anyone noticed this?
Is there anything I can do?
24 May 2005
New c1000 has arrived :-D I'm setting it up just now, but could anyone tell me where I can find a MySQL 4 package for it (does one even exist?) and a VNC viewer?
Is there a centralised place to find packages for the c1000?
allanjard has no visitors to display.
Other users have left no comments for allanjard.
There are no friends to display.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 23rd April 2017 - 11:52 AM|