christefano doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Gender Not Set
Joined: 8-August 05
Profile Views: 168*
Last Seen: 23rd November 2005 - 04:05 PM
Local Time: Feb 23 2017, 11:26 AM
8 posts (0 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
16 Aug 2005
I recently got a Zaurus SL-5600 and I want to install OpenZaurus. I believe that I've downloaded and installed everything correctly, but I haven't been able to get the Z to successfully boot into OpenZaurus at all. The only thing that I can figure is that the files I installed weren't downloaded properly, but all the checksums are correct.
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Here's what I've done:
1. I downloaded everything from: http://openzaurus.org/official/unstable/3.5.3/sl5600/
2. Renamed "gpe-image-poodle-20050409140246.rootfs.jffs2.bin" to "zImage"
3. Renamed "bootstrap-image-poodle-20050409140246.rootfs.jffs2.bin" to "initrd.bin"
4. I left "updater.sh" as is
5. Copied these three to an SD card (I checked and it's all in /mnt/card)
6. Reset and enter Maintenance Menu
7. In the Maintenance Menu, clicked "Update"
8. Clicked "SD" for SD card
9. Clicked "Yes"
10. Reset and then pressed Cancel/On/Off button
11. Sharp startup screen came up and I waited for it to install. Z reports "Success!" and finally says "Please reset"
12. Reset, and nothing happens
13. Push Cancel/On/Off button and nothing happens (the battery light turns off but that's it)
14. So I restore the Z from a ROM backup and I'm back where I started.
13 Aug 2005
I recently put KPhone/Pi 1.0.0 on my SL-5600 with theKompany ROM. I've set up my SIPphone "identity" so that it registers successfully, and incoming calls (by dialing my SIPphone-provided "virtual number" with a PSTN phone) come through wonderfully.
Unfortunately, I'm completely unable to call out to PSTN numbers. I receive an error saying "Unauthorized." Has anyone else had this problem?
Meanwhile, are there other VoIP softphones available for the Zaurus that people here have successfully gotten to call out to PSTN numbers? The only other one that I know of in tkcPhone, but I haven't been able to download it as theKompany.com has a dead link on their website. It would be appreciated if someone would be able to provide a working link or even send me a copy.
christefano has no visitors to display.
Other users have left no comments for christefano.
There are no friends to display.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 23rd February 2017 - 08:26 AM|