etrigan doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Gender Not Set
Joined: 31-August 05
Profile Views: 575*
Last Seen: 18th April 2007 - 04:24 PM
Local Time: May 3 2015, 02:56 PM
21 posts (0 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
18 Apr 2007
sad to say, i've just listed my 'baby' on ebay;
currently, perfectly functioning pdaxii3 install.
original packing, cd's, charger, usb cable.
will also include 1Gb PNY SD card and NetGear MA701 wireless CF card.
just ordered a linux tablet pc for work... as my eyes have gotten so bad, i can't easily play with the 'z' during meetings...
26 Mar 2007
i had been having issues with reading my large format sd card with cacko rom. after failing to solve the problem, i not-so-happily reverted to a 1Gb card (san disk).
as my needs for my 3100 changed (i wanted to move in the micropc direction -- but using a flavor of linux), i switched to pdaxrom (specifically, meanie's pdaxii3 -- latest build).
the switch went smoothly. and, on a lark, i inserted my 4Gb connect3D sd card (from tigerdirect) and it was instantly recognized. i used it for a few hours; then, the z went to sleep. upon awakening, the card was no longer recognized. i rebooted with and without the card inserted several times; and the card has never been recognized by the system again.
very odd behavior. so.. while the obvious fix is to find another brand of 4gb card... i wonder if there is anywhere to look for a log and/or process where i can identify exactly where/how the sd card recognition software is failing
any thoughts gratefully accepted.
12 Feb 2007
hmmm... 2 posts within 12 hrs. not my usual... : )
after having installed the 0.8.2 pdaxQtrom (base, apps, zgcc, java, open office) i've been experiencing some odd behavior of my 4Gb SD card. notably, it is inconsistently mounted, and after going to 'sleep' or closing the clamshell on my 3100, it is no longer recognized by the system -- almost as if it were 'unmounted'.
if i uninstall the sdmmc-module-2.4.20; this behavior does not occur with a 16, 32 or 512Mb SD card. when i reinstall the module -- the behavior occurs with all 3 cards (and the 4gb card...)
any thoughts on how i might troubleshoot this?
(btw -- if i haven't said this before; thanks so much for all the folks who put in the hard work and time on making the zaurus such a GREAT tool. my only wish would be for internal wireless... but, having said that, imho, its a nearly perfect device and the community is a pleasure!)
11 Feb 2007
like a fool... i installed pdaXqtrom on my CF card... then quickly realized that i could not run the programs with my wireless cf card... very silly, i know.
i deleted the program and rm'ed the gtk-2.0 subdirectory and the libpng files. also removed all pda* files.
i would like to reinstall pdaXqtrom, but when i rerun the installer script, i receive a msg saying that X/QT is installed and configured" ... but, it's not...
how do i reinstall properly and 2) are there any recommendations to install in a particular directory/hdd on the internal drives or... use a 1Gb SD card..???
thanks in advance for any help
8 Mar 2006
after a few months of fooling around with the sharp rom on my 3100 (which seemed slow and bloated to me...) and, then, pdaxrom (which is great, but just too slow to use on a regular basis). i migrated to the cacko-lite 1.23 rom. it has been, in my experience, much faster than any of my other attempts. so much so, that i've been trying to use my 3100 in the original way i envisioned (as a portable companion to my laptops (1 powerbook + 1 thinkpad (dualbooting win.xp and mandriva.linux). however, a few problems have come up;
1) the internet connect wizard doesn't work at all (error msg indicates it is not installed) and the network utility will not allow me to resort my list of network connections.
2) my usb ethernet dongle does not work in cacko (with ALL usb software installed), while it DID work in the original sharp rom.
3) neither the sharp music, nor video player recognizes an external USB drive -- which IS recognized by tKc explorer/editor... guess i "could" test another media player. will try out the photo storage software this evening.
4) back to internet... i've been unable to connect to some wireless networks that require a password (e.g., my daughter's indoor soccer field) -- which is just a belkin router with password protection... noone seemed to know the 'flavor' of security, but, its just a 5-letter password. none of the encryption combinations in the cacko network settings allowed me access... i'll bring my laptop next monday to discover additional information.
5) any luck on running/compiling a decent mail program; e.g., sylpheed, for the zaurus? i like KO/Pi for my calendars -- easily updated by downloading my icals on ical.mac.com as 'resource' files ... but OM/Pi is not so handy (also slow...).
thanks for any thoughts,
i may just load cacko-full over the weekend and see if that resolves some of the issues....
Other users have left no comments for etrigan.
There are no friends to display.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 3rd May 2015 - 10:56 AM|