Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Solar Chargers
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Discussion
byzantium
Solio -- a solar charger for iPods, phones, and some PDAs. Looks pretty neat.

Anyone know of solar chargers that work with Zs? Do all Zs have the same ac adaptor tip style?
waalkman
QUOTE(byzantium @ Jan 10 2005, 11:22 PM)
Solio -- a solar charger for iPods, phones, and some PDAs. Looks pretty neat.

Anyone know of solar chargers that work with Zs? Do all Zs have the same ac adaptor tip style?

Well, silly actually. Does it come with sunscreen? smile.gif

As for the tips, I think that they are the same, couldn't find out for sure though...

John
byzantium
I think it would be pretty useful for my iPod on a several day hiking trip smile.gif of course if you take it along, you'll get cloudy weather for sure laugh.gif
waalkman
QUOTE(byzantium @ Jan 11 2005, 01:25 AM)
I think it would be pretty useful for my iPod on a several day hiking trip smile.gif of course if you take it along, you'll get cloudy weather for sure laugh.gif

Yeah, I suppose it would work well enough for that. Not that I get out much in the sun anyways smile.gif

John
the_oak
someone else here in the forum mentioned this solar charger before:
http://www.aurorasolar.com/merchant.ihtml?...tcatid=1&step=4

It says that it works with a Zaurus. You also need to purchase the adapter:
http://www.aurorasolar.com/merchant.ihtml?...tcatid=5&step=4

I think the 4 mm plug for $2.00 would work. One day, I would like to try this. Anyone already done so?
jamesannan
I have one of those (not that exact model, but similar). Haven't used it much but it seems to work. I also have an older solar panel which i used to charge 4 NiMH AA and then used them to power the Z, which also worked fine, but the panel was much lower power.

James
the_oak
jamesannan:

Did you get the 4mm plug for yours, or is that the correct plug? Let me know if it works directly charging the sl-6000, and whether that is the right plug.

Thanks!
jamesannan
I can't remember now what I ordered exactly, but I'm sure they would know which plug is the right one since they claim compatibility. I think it was the 4x1.7mm one.
Mahoro
Honestly, a 4AA battery box is way better smile.gif
Considering both the cost (I DIY-ed mine abt $7 CAD), and can charge anywhere smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.