Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kde-pim/pi 2.0.16 Release
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
ev1l
And another one ...

********** VERSION 2.0.16 ************
OM/Pi:
Fixed the SMTP account setting the option.
Fixed something in mail sending.

KO/Pi:
Added possibility to export selected events/todos as vcal file.

********** VERSION 2.0.15 ************

PwM/Pi:
Added keyboard shorcuts for
- toggling summary view (space bar)
- delete item (delete + backspace key)
- add new item ( i + n key)
Fixed length of info in the title.

KO/Pi-KA/Pi:
Changed "ME" menu bar entry to an icon.

KO/Pi:
Fixed two minor bugs in displaying todos.
If in month view a cell is selected, the key shortcut "d" shows now that date.
Added complete info for a todo in month view as an icon left of the text.
Fixed problems of displaying data when "<" or ">" are used in summary/location/description.
Fixed problem of search dialog size when switching displays.
Cancel key now closes date picker.
Rearranged KO/Pi file menu structure.

OM/Pi:
Added to the SMTP account setting the option
"No secure connection".
You have to configure your SMTP accounts again, sorry.

KA/Pi:
Added support for importing quoted-printable.
Support was added by Peter P.. Thanks, Peter!

Useful Crap:
ev1l
Bugs
  • Kapi <-> DTM sync appears not to be working.*needs status update*
  • Pwm: context menu can appear off-screen when context-clicking on items near the bottom of the screen. *will not be fixed*
Quirks
  • Kapi doesn't provide a way to associate itself with vCards on the Z (haven't checked behaviour on windows or x86 linux). *Will not be fixed* dry.gif I do think that's important. It provides an easy way to import vcards from the filesystem, for example.
  • Kapi bar has no separate settings for portrait and lanscape modes. So if you change your portrait mode bar to have a very short list (in order to be able to see more contact details without scrolling), it'll change to a very narrow list when you switch back to landscape. Not ideal.
  • Kapi: it would be nice to make search-as-you-type the default behaviour
  • Kopi: picking a date from the date picker while in todo view has no effect: it might be nice to switch to an agenda view.
  • Kapi: unused menu items. File->Print. File->Exit isn't really needed either. Neither is fixed in .17
  • Kopi:alarm before an allday even defaults at midnight (actually, 10 to midnight). Not really nice. Might be useful to have a default alarm time for allday events, and be able to specify the time of the day for the alarm, instead of the period of time between the alarm and midnight on the allday event. This is especially useful for things like birthdays. *Will be fixed later, maybe.*
  • PWM: cannot be installed to memory card.
RFE
  • Kapi:Provide more IM fields so each contact can have a protocol-specific nickname. The most widespread protocols are AIM/ICQ, Gadu-Gadu, Groupwise, IRC, Jabber, MSN and Yahoo. Doing this now will also ease IM integration down the road (with something like Kopete or Gaim). *will not be changed* too bad sad.gif
  • Kapi: Replace the search settings dropbar with the category dropdown in portrait mode. Seems a lot more useful, but I might be missing something. Let me know. *Will not be changed* too bad. (queue sad dog-eyes)
  • Kopi: Remember one column setting for each display orientation (so you can make optimal use of the screen real estate in both portrait and landscape), and a way to not display columns you don't need. *will not be changed* too much work.
  • Kopi: put an ok button in the category context menu in todo view, so you can select several categories in the menu and press OK. *will not be changed*
  • Kopi: Re-sort todo items after an item edit so that items stay sorted. *needs status update*
rogerbowering
Hi

(C750, installation on SD card, Cacko 1.22)

2 things about 1.9.16:

1. The synchronisation between KA/Pi and Sharp DTM still does not work. After doing all the work KA/Pi aborts (closes down) (see detailed report of the problem in the KA/Pi 1.9.14 post). I've tried with full Sharp DTM/empty KA/Pi; Empty Sharp DTM/full KA/Pi, and both full Sharp DTM and KA/Pi. Same result. (KO/Pi is fine)

2. All apps installed (using Add/Remove Programs) to SD card fine except Password manager which said it had to be installed to Main memory
ev1l
QUOTE(rogerbowering @ Jan 13 2005, 05:03 AM)
2. All apps installed (using Add/Remove Programs) to SD card fine except Password manager which said  it had to be installed to Main memory

I've edited the bugpost.

I have a question: is it possible to inline a picture in a vcard so that it gets synched like the rest? Right now it only seems possible to store pictures as absolute links.
I'd put it in the RFE's, but again, I might be missing something.
Another thing: where's the damn penguin .png used in Kapi? I want to replace it with something less politically correct (drunk Homer Simpson, anyone?)
zautrix
QUOTE(ev1l @ Jan 13 2005, 04:51 PM)
QUOTE(rogerbowering @ Jan 13 2005, 05:03 AM)
2. All apps installed (using Add/Remove Programs) to SD card fine except Password manager which said  it had to be installed to Main memory

I've edited the bugpost.

I have a question: is it possible to inline a picture in a vcard so that it gets synched like the rest? Right now it only seems possible to store pictures as absolute links.
I'd put it in the RFE's, but again, I might be missing something.
Another thing: where's the damn penguin .png used in Kapi? I want to replace it with something less politically correct (drunk Homer Simpson, anyone?)

Thanks for your help, Ben.
There are actually still some problems which should be solved before 2.0.0

Yes, it is not possible to inline a picture in a vcard.
I have that on my bug list.

/opt/Qtopia/pics/kdepim/kaddressbook/icons22/package_toys.png

is the penguin.

By the way, I updated

http://www.pi-sync.net

today.

z.
rogerbowering
I hope it's ok to post this here, but -

the sync between KA/Pi and DTM has become a little weird

I had KO/Pi loaded, then I loaded KA/Pi and elected to sync with Sharp DTM.

Whilst it was synching I loaded the Sharp Address Book.

I kept switching between KO/Pi, Sharp Address Book and KA/Pi. At some point (must have been between KA/Pi calculating what to sync and actually asking the user to 'Execute'), I noticed I could see an entry in KA/Pi that would not have been there before sync!!! Then the execute dialogue popped up and clicked ok and the 2 new contacts had been added. Hooraay!!!

Before writing this I thought I ought to try it again - mistake.

What came next is a bit confusing and I'm not sure I remember everything (three glasses of wine into the evening), but KA/Pi would not sync, ie after selecting the menu option to sync, nothing happened. At the same time I checked Sharp Address Book and although there appeared to be loads of entries (the select bar would go up and down the screen as if all the entries did not have a first name, last name and email), every time I elected to modify, no details were found, i.e. it would let me edit an empty entry.

I thought I'd remove all Sharp DTM entries and start again by synching with Outlook, but I got a out of memory error, so I've rebooted. Just about to try it all again
stupkid
How does one get OMPI working with POP3 accounts? I have yet to figure this out. Every attempt thusfar has resulted in many error's. I create the account easily enough, but the retrieving of the mail results in error 5 initializing folder. The folder exists too. How is this done?

Thanks!
zautrix
[quote=ev1l,Jan 12 2005, 02:26 PM]Bugs
  • Kapi preview pane is not updated after a contact edit, you have to switch to another contact and back to see the changes.
    [/quote]
    Should work in 1.9.17
    [quote]

• Kapi all fields search doesn't actually search all the fields, only those listed in the contact list.
    [/quote]
    Should work in 1.9.17
    [quote]

• Kapi <-> DTM sync appears not to be working.
    [/quote]
    Will look at this this weekend
    [quote]

• Pwm: context menu can appear off-screen when context-clicking on items near the bottom of the screen.
    [/quote]
    Unimportant bug. Will not be fixed.
    [quote]
Quirks
  • Kapi doesn't provide a way to associate itself with vCards on the Z (haven't checked behaviour on windows or x86 linux)
    [/quote]
    True, but will not be fixed.
    [quote]

• Kapi bar has no separate settings for portrait and lanscape modes. So if you change your portrait mode bar to have a very short list (in order to be able to see more contact details without scrolling), it'll change to a very narrow list when you switch back to landscape. Not ideal.
    [/quote]
    I agree, not ideal. But will not be fixed.
    [quote]

• Kapi: impossible to remove default filter created for each category.
    [/quote]
    Changed in 1.9.17: If a filter is defined by the user, the default filters are disabled.
    [quote]

• Kapi: it would be nice to make search-as-you-type the default behaviour
    [/quote]
    Changed in 1.9.17
    [quote]

• Kopi: picking a date from the date picker while in todo view has no effect: it might be nice to switch to an agenda view.
    [/quote]
    Actually it has a small effect. Non-runninh todos are may be not displayed.
    Behaviour not changed.
    [quote]

• Kapi: unused menu items. File->Print.  File->Exit isn't really needed either.
    [/quote]
    Right. Printing is missing.
    [quote]

• Kopi:alarm before an allday even defaults at midnight (actually, 10 to midnight). Not really nice. Might be useful to have a default alarm time for allday events, and be able to specify the time of the day for the alarm, instead of the period of time between the alarm and midnight on the allday event. This is especially useful for things like birthdays.
    [/quote]
    Right. Will be fixed later, maybe.
    [quote]

• Kopi: adding/removing buttons from the toolbar requires a restart. Possible to remove it?
    [/quote]
    Too much work to make it better.
    [quote]

RFE
  • Kapi:Provide more IM fields so each contact can have a protocol-specific nickname. The most widespread protocols are AIM/ICQ, Gadu-Gadu, Groupwise, IRC, Jabber, MSN and Yahoo. Doing this now will also ease IM integration down the road (with something like Kopete or Gaim).
  • Kapi: Replace the search settings dropbar with the category dropdown in portrait mode. Seems a lot more useful, but I might be missing something. Let me know.
    [/quote]
    Will not be changed.
    category selection still possible via menu.
    [quote]

• Kopi: Remember one column setting for each display orientation (so you can make optimal use of the screen real estate in both portrait and landscape), and a way to not display columns you don't need.
    [/quote]
    Would be useful, but too much work.
    [quote]

• Kopi: put an ok button in the category context menu in todo view, so you can select several categories in the menu and press OK.
    [/quote]
    That is impossible.
    A solution would be to pop up the actual categorie selection dialog.
    [quote]

• Kopi: Re-sort todo items after an item edit so that items stay sorted.
[/quote]

Hi Ben,

I put a new version for testing on
www.pi-sync.net/daunlood/latest/kdepim_1.9.17_for_SharpRom.ipk.zip

Please test this version, especially the changes I made.

To all the other: If you test this version, please make a backup of your data.
The addressbook saving may have problem, I made the saving up to 8 times faster!

Chaneglog of 1.9.17:

Info about the changes in new versions of KDE-Pim/Pi

********** VERSION 1.9.17 ************

KO/Pi:
Fixed that tooltips were not updated after moving an item in agenda view.
Fixed a bug in sorting start date for recurring events in list view.
Changed the left button in todo viewer from "Agenda" to "Set completed".
This makes it possible to change a todo in the What's Next View quickly to the completed state without leaving the What's Next View.
Added more info in the todo viewer: Startdate, parent/sub todos.

KA/Pi:
All fields search does now actually search all the (possible) fields,
not only those listed in the contact list.
Made is possible to inline a picture in a vcard on the Z.
This was only possible on the desktop, now is it possible on the Z as well.
Fixed of missing save settings after filter configuration.
Made saving of addressbook much faster.
Fixed extension widget layout problem.
Fixed saving of default formatted name settings.
Fixed formatted name handling in edit dialog.
Added an option for changing formatted names of many contacts
(menu: File - Change - Set formatted name).

QWhatsThis was not working on the Z ( only black rectangle was shown).
This is Fixed.

KDE-Sync:
Now readonly KDE resources are synced as well.
(They are not changed in KDE itself, of course).

Thanks for testing,

z.
zautrix
I would be happy to fix this problem, but the problem is:
POP3 is working for me.

Such that I cannot find out what is wrong.
ev1l
Bugs
  • Kapi <-> DTM sync appears not to be working.*needs status update*
  • Kapi: Can't seem to find a way to remove pictures from a vCard.
    edit: it's impossible to remove a pic if "store as URL" is not selected. So there is a workaround (it's still a bug, hint-hint, nudge-nudge)
  • Kopiemail: the recipient selection window (the one you get from the "to" button) uses the orientation used at application startup, not the current orientation.
Quirks
  • Kapi: Contact display (in the preview pane) is *really* slow when the contact picture is not minimalistic in size. A 40k pic causes a 4 secs delay in the switch). Might be a good idea to either thread the display (the card appears with the image still loading, like a webpage) or cache the thumbnail image.
  • Kapi doesn't provide a way to associate itself with vCards on the Z (haven't checked behaviour on windows or x86 linux). *Will not be fixed* dry.gif Isn't that one of the primary tasks of a PIM app?
  • Kapi: unused menu items. File->Print. File->Exit isn't really needed either. Neither is fixed in .17
  • Kopi:alarm before an allday even defaults at midnight (actually, 10 to midnight). Not really nice. Might be useful to have a default alarm time for allday events, and be able to specify the time of the day for the alarm, instead of the period of time between the alarm and midnight on the allday event. This is especially useful for things like birthdays. *Will be fixed later, maybe.*
RFE
  • Kapi:Provide more IM fields so each contact can have a protocol-specific nickname. The most widespread protocols are AIM/ICQ, Gadu-Gadu, Groupwise, IRC, Jabber, MSN and Yahoo. Doing this now will also ease IM integration down the road (with something like Kopete or Gaim). *will not be changed* The obvious solution is to port Kopete and integrate it, damnit. laugh.gif
  • Kapi: Replace the search settings dropbar with the category dropdown in portrait mode. Seems a lot more useful, but I might be missing something. Let me know. *Will not be changed* too bad. (queue sad dog-eyes... could we have that as a user option, puuuhlease?).
  • Kopi: Re-sort todo items after an item edit so that items stay sorted. *needs status update*
fpp
QUOTE(zautrix @ Jan 15 2005, 01:51 PM)
POP3 is working for me.

I had problems with older versions of OMPI, but 1.9.16 seems to work OK for me too.

Just one question: is it possible to delete several mails at once ? Multiple headers can be selected but only one seems to actually get deleted ?

Many thanks,
fp
zautrix
QUOTE(fpp @ Jan 16 2005, 09:23 PM)
QUOTE(zautrix @ Jan 15 2005, 01:51 PM)
POP3 is working for me.

I had problems with older versions of OMPI, but 1.9.16 seems to work OK for me too.

Just one question: is it possible to delete several mails at once ? Multiple headers can be selected but only one seems to actually get deleted ?

Many thanks,
fp

You get in the contaxt menu of the view:
delete all selected mails

But I think the behaviour of the delete icon should be deleting of all mails and not only one mail.
z.
fpp
QUOTE(zautrix @ Jan 16 2005, 12:44 PM)
You get in the context menu of the view:
delete all selected mails

Hadn't even seen that ! I never seem to think of context menus on the Z... :-)
It's a bit tricky to get at it AND keep a multiple selection, but at least it works... thanks Zautrix !
QUOTE(zautrix @ Jan 16 2005, 12:44 PM)
But I think the behaviour of the delete icon should be deleting of all mails and not only one mail.

Maybe the simplest fix would be to have the same commands in the context menu and in the Message menu ?
eji
I can't download 1.9.16 from the Sourceforge site. Anyone want to send me a copy, or should I just wait until .17 is out?
ev1l
QUOTE(eji @ Jan 17 2005, 11:00 PM)
I can't download 1.9.16 from the Sourceforge site. Anyone want to send me a copy, or should I just wait until .17 is out?

Try this
It realy should work, but post your email if it doesn't and I'll mail it to you.
mikew
rogerbowering

I have the same problems using DTMsync including the disappearing entries from Sharp address book, I also get a conflict screen where KA/Pi has scrambled 2 entries into one.

You should be able to recover the Sharp address book with the following.

Rename the Sharp dtm folder (/home/zaurus/Applications/dtm)

Create a new dtm folder, add original files from a backup if possible, see note.

Run sharp address book

Rename new dtm folder

Rename original dtm folder back to dtm

No idea why it works, but all the entries re-appear.

Note: It is possible to restore individual files or folders from a Sharp backup by copying the relevant files from your PC, they should be located in a folder similar to C:\Program Files\Sharp Zaurus\BackupRestore\Backup\SL-C760\20050107110121 the last bit is the date of the backup, you can also use it to see what files are backed up by the Sharp backup routine.

Mike
revdjenk
My problems with 1.9.16 may be more a conflict with Cacko on my 5500.
The following has happened twice.

After installing the korganizer and kaddressbook (and associated files) they both work fine, all the items, dates, contacts are in place.

The next time I opened korganizer notice some of the entries are missing. I closed and clicked again on the korganizer icon, the hourglass appears, and disappears, but korganizer does not appear. (The first time I did this, and continued to repeat this, eventually I could not reboot my Z. I would get to the Cacko opening screen asking for root password or Control-D to continue. (and neither worked anyway. This led to a reformat of my SD and reinstallation. My second attempt when I saw korganizer and kaddressbook fail to open, I just quickly uninstalled them to save the system. Backups are wonderful, BTW!)

The second time through korganizer was also doing other flaky things. Even though global change of time to 12 hour system, some events (whether editing old or making new) might have 24 hour time in the beginning time slot and 12 hour time in the ending time slot.

For the particulars, running Cacko kernel 64-0 for 5500 on my 512meg Lexar SD. It was stable until installing 1.9.16.
eji
QUOTE(ev1l @ Jan 18 2005, 09:24 AM)
QUOTE(eji @ Jan 17 2005, 11:00 PM)

Try this
It realy should work, but post your email if it doesn't and I'll mail it to you.

That link works just fine, thanks.

I can't download other SourceForge software, either -- and I've tried on both Safari and FireFox. I wonder if my ISP is blocking the domain?

[edit]Turns out my current NetBarrier firewall setting was blocking all pop-ups and redirects. Now fixed. Thanks again![/edit]
brisko
Hi zautrix

I found some bugs in 1.9.16

kopi:
when using the keyboard shortcuts to switch to the toto-list ("v") (in mode: hide not running todos in todo view) I cannot scroll up/down with the arrow-keys anymore. If I press "t" it is possible to scroll.
If I press left arrow I move to the following week, but I cannot go any further or backwards

OMPI:
copy and paste cannot be saved. the pasted text is deleted in parts

brisko

C760, cacko1.22
eji
I've got some bugs in .16 too.

• The alarm applet is even more finicky this time around. In .15 I had to uninstall it because every time I woke the Z from a suspended state it would go through the reboot process. This time it did it once at random and then again (and I think you noted this already) when I uninstalled it.

• The "Toggle Date Navigator" view in KO/Pi doesn't stick. The mini calendar is back every time I launch the app, and I'd like it to stay gone. This was the same in .15.

• IMAP in OM/Pi -- Has anyone got this working?

Thanks for listening!
zautrix
QUOTE(eji @ Jan 19 2005, 08:33 AM)
I've got some bugs in .16 too.

• The "Toggle Date Navigator" view in KO/Pi doesn't stick. The mini calendar is back every time I launch the app, and I'd like it to stay gone. This was the same in .15.

Will be fixed in 1.9.19
• IMAP in OM/Pi -- Has anyone got this working?

Yes, that should work. What are your problems?
Thanks for listening!

Thanks for reporting,

z.
zautrix
QUOTE(brisko @ Jan 18 2005, 10:57 PM)
Hi zautrix

I found some bugs in 1.9.16

kopi:
when using the keyboard shortcuts to switch to the toto-list ("v") (in mode: hide not running todos in todo view) I cannot scroll up/down with the arrow-keys anymore. If I press "t" it is possible to scroll.

Will be fixed in 1.9.19
If I press left arrow I move to the following week, but I cannot go any further or backwards

In what view? The todo view?
In the todo view you cannot change time with the left/right keys, because the keys are used for open/closing item with subtodos.
OMPI:
copy and paste cannot be saved. the pasted text is deleted in parts

Thanks for reporting,

z.
zautrix
QUOTE(revdjenk @ Jan 18 2005, 06:43 PM)
My problems with 1.9.16 may be more a conflict with  Cacko on my 5500.
The following has happened twice.

... snip ...
For the particulars, running Cacko kernel 64-0 for 5500 on my 512meg Lexar SD. It was stable until installing 1.9.16.

I would guess, that there are some libs not deinstalled properly.

But thanks for reporting, I will test the latest version on my 5500 with Cacko 64/0 Rom.

z.
zautrix
QUOTE(mikew @ Jan 18 2005, 11:35 AM)
rogerbowering

I have the same problems using DTMsync including the disappearing entries from Sharp address book, I also get a conflict screen where KA/Pi has scrambled 2 entries into one.

You should be able to recover the Sharp address book with the following.

Rename the Sharp dtm folder (/home/zaurus/Applications/dtm)

Create a new dtm folder, add original files from a backup if possible, see note.

Run sharp address book

Rename new dtm folder

Rename original dtm folder back to dtm

No idea why it works, but all the entries re-appear.

Note: It is possible to restore individual files or folders from a Sharp backup by copying the relevant files from your PC, they should be located in a folder similar to C:\Program Files\Sharp Zaurus\BackupRestore\Backup\SL-C760\20050107110121 the last bit is the date of the backup, you can also use it to see what files are backed up by the Sharp backup routine.

Mike

Hi Mike,

thanks for helping testing and finding problems.

Your Problems were caused by two things:
(1)
KA/Pi have had a "smart" merging mechanism, which was actually quite stupid.

I have changed this. Version 1.9.18 should work much better.

(2)
After syncing with DTM KA/Pi is storing a sync state of the items.
If you do a restore , you will get such strange results such as
"I also get a conflict screen where KA/Pi has scrambled 2 entries into one".

After a restore
Please remove the sync info for the DTM profile and make sure, that no items are in DTM and KA/Pi before the first sync.

Please let me know, if syncing works in Version 1.9.18 for you.
I tested it and it is now working for me well.

z.
zautrix
QUOTE(rogerbowering @ Jan 14 2005, 10:52 PM)
I hope it's ok to post this here, but -

the sync between KA/Pi and DTM has become a little weird

How much contact items do you have in your addressbook?

z.
zautrix
[quote]

Kapi <-> DTM sync appears not to be working.*needs status update*
[/quote]
Should be working in 1.9.18
[quote]
[*]Kapi: Can't seem to find a way to remove pictures from a vCard.
edit: it's impossible to remove a pic if "store as URL" is not selected. So there is a workaround (it's still a bug, hint-hint, nudge-nudge)
[/quote]
Should be working in 1.9.18
[quote]
[*]Kopiemail: the recipient selection window (the one you get from the "to" button) uses the orientation used at application startup, not the current orientation.
[/quote]
Have to look at this.
[quote]

[*]Kapi: Contact display (in the preview pane) is *really* slow when the contact picture is not minimalistic in size. A 40k pic causes a 4 secs delay in the switch). Might be a good idea to either thread the display (the card appears with the image still loading, like a webpage) or cache the thumbnail image.
[/quote]
That would be useful.
Plase add this as a feature request on sf.
[quote]
[*]Kapi doesn't provide a way to associate itself with vCards on the Z (haven't checked behaviour on windows or x86 linux). *Will not be fixed* dry.gif Isn't that one of the primary tasks of a PIM app?
[/quote]
Ok, I agree, that would be useful.
Plase add this as a feature request on sf.
[quote]
[*]Kapi: unused menu items. File->Print. File->Exit isn't really needed either. Neither is fixed in .17
[/quote]
Print removed in 1.9.18
File->Exit not removed.
[quote]
[*]Kopi:alarm before an allday even defaults at midnight (actually, 10 to midnight). Not really nice. Might be useful to have a default alarm time for allday events, and be able to specify the time of the day for the alarm, instead of the period of time between the alarm and midnight on the allday event. This is especially useful for things like birthdays. *Will be fixed later, maybe.*
[/quote]
I agree, that would be useful.
Plase add this as a feature request on sf with a high prio
[quote]
[*]PWM: cannot be installed to memory card.
[/quote]
In general it is working for me.
But sometimes is not working for me. (E.g. for KA/Pi)
It must be a bug in the installer itself.
[quote]

[*]Kapi:Provide more IM fields so each contact can have a protocol-specific nickname. The most widespread protocols are AIM/ICQ, Gadu-Gadu, Groupwise, IRC, Jabber, MSN and Yahoo. Doing this now will also ease IM integration down the road (with something like Kopete or Gaim). *will not be changed* The obvious solution is to port Kopete and integrate it, damnit. laugh.gif
[/quote]
Plase add this as a feature request on sf with a low prio
[quote]
[*]Kapi: Replace the search settings dropbar with the category dropdown in portrait mode. Seems a lot more useful, but I might be missing something. Let me know. *Will not be changed* too bad. (queue sad dog-eyes... could we have that as a user option, puuuhlease?).
[/quote]
No, only as a dog option ...
Ok, I will ad it...
[quote]
[*]Kopi: Re-sort todo items after an item edit so that items stay sorted. *needs status update*
[/quote]

Sorry for the non working quotes ...
zautrix
********** VERSION 1.9.18 ************

Release for testing only.

FYI: The VERSION 1.9.17 was a testing release only.
Please read the changelog of VERSION 1.9.17 as well.

Cleaned up the syncing config dialog.
Added sync config options for date range for events.
Added sync config options for filters on incoming data.
Added sync config options for filters on outgoing data.
Please read the updated SyncHowTo about the new filter settings.
These filter settings make it now possible to sync with shared
calendars without writing back private or confidential data
(via the outgoing filters).
To sync only with particular parts of a shared calendar,
the incoming filter settings can be used.
An example can be found in the SyncHowTo.
Same for shared addressbooks.

Added a setting for the global kdepim data storage.
Usually the data is stored in (yourhomedir/kdepim).
Now you can set in the Global config dialog TAB, subTAB "Data storage path"
a directory where all the kdepim data is stored.
That makes it easy to save all kdepim data on a SD card on the Z, for example.

KO/Pi:
The timeedit input has a pulldown list for times.
If opened, this pulldown list should now has the right time highlighted.
Added the possibility to exclude events/todos/journals in a filter.
You should exclude journals, if you do not want them to sync with a public calendar.

KA/Pi:
Added the possibility to in/exclude public/private/confidential contacts to a filter.
If you have already defined filterrules in KA/Pi you have to adjust them all by setting the "include public/private/confidential" property manually. Sorry for that ...
Added printing of card view and details view on desktop.
Printing of list view is not working...
Added button for removing pictures in contact editor.
Parsing data fix of KA/Pi version 1.9.17.
Fixed the "parse name automatically" problem of KA/Pi version 1.9.17.
Fixed some syncing merging problems.

********** VERSION 1.9.17 ************

KO/Pi:
Fixed that tooltips were not updated after moving an item in agenda view.
Fixed a bug in sorting start date for recurring events in list view.
Changed the left button in todo viewer from "Agenda" to "Set completed".
This makes it possible to change a todo in the What's Next View quickly to the completed state without leaving the What's Next View.
Added more info in the todo viewer: Startdate, parent/sub todos.

KA/Pi:
All fields search does now actually search all the (possible) fields,
not only those listed in the contact list.
Made is possible to inline a picture in a vcard on the Z.
This was only possible on the desktop, now is it possible on the Z as well.
Fixed of missing save settings after filter configuration.
Made saving of addressbook much faster.
Fixed extension widget layout problem.
Fixed saving of default formatted name settings.
Fixed formatted name handling in edit dialog.
Added an option for changing formatted names of many contacts
(menu: File - Change - Set formatted name).

QWhatsThis was not working on the Z ( only black rectangle was shown).
This is Fixed.

KDE-Sync:
Now readonly KDE resources are synced as well.
(They are not changed in KDE itself, of course).

You can find the general release notes here:

http://www.pi-sync.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=72

You can find the complete changelog here:

http://www.pi-sync.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=73

You can download the latest version here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...ckage_id=112604
nianderson
so is there a way to sync with kde pim ?
zautrix
QUOTE(nianderson @ Jan 20 2005, 03:21 AM)
so is there a way to sync with kde pim ?

Yes.

http://www.pi-sync.net/html/kde_sync_howto.html

z.
zautrix
Hi guinea-pigs,

I have made the view change in KO/Pi better.
The month view is now shown much faster.

Please try version 1.9.19 and report, if it works or if it not work.
The "not working" means, that it would be posibble that there are
some repainting errors when changing the view.
I have tested it and it is working great for me.
But maybe there is somewhere a hidden bug ...

********** VERSION 1.9.19 ************

Added a lot of missing translations to KA/Pi,
Added some missing translations to KO/Pi and OM/Pi.

Fixed some minor problems in KA/Pi + KO/Pi.

Fixed a crash when closing PwM/Pi.
Added German translation for PwM/Pi.

Made view change and Month View update faster in KO/Pi.

eji
The first thing I checked and confirmed is that the KO/Pi alarm applet is still buggy in .19. It causes the Z to reboot when waking from a suspended state or when uninstalling.

I had it installed to the CF card. Is this what's causing the odd behavior?

Everything else looks okay so far.

Thanks for the rapid updates!
raybert
One minor bug to report:

When I installed .19, KA/pi deleted some of my filters. I re-created them and all seems fine. I don't see any other changes to the data.

~ray
ev1l
QUOTE(eji @ Jan 20 2005, 03:05 AM)
The first thing I checked and confirmed is that the KO/Pi alarm applet is still buggy in .19. It causes the Z to reboot when waking from a suspended state or when uninstalling.

I think the applet causes the reboot on uninstall so it can remove itself from the tray. Zautrix can probably clarify, but it doesn't cause reboots when installed from a console.
What exactly causes the reboot on suspend? Edit: I still have .17, me silly. I'll test again with .19
I just sent Z my data and rc files so he can figure out what caused some of the stranger bugs I noticed.
jesizmi
Hi all,
I've just installed .19 and am greatly pleased as with every version before.
Only thing i noticed is, in KA/PI the jump bar won't display all letters, even though there are matching entries.
I must confess thogh, that i don't know whether it's specific to .19 since i hadn't activated the jump bar before.
Oh, and neither KA/PI nor KO/PI are installable on card, xept from the command line.
Great work and i'm eagerly awaiting 2.0 biggrin.gif
Keep the good work going - THX

Greetz j.
lareya
Hi,
I was able to install all apps to my SD card. I had a problem w/ pwmanager, but when I tried it again, it accepted it and put it in the SD card. (Kde-pim/pi 1.9.18)

Lareya
zautrix
And another one ...

Now a version working on Windows 98/Me is available as well.

********** VERSION 1.9.20 ************

KO/Pi:
Added for the "dislplay one day" agenda mode
info in the caption and in the day lables:
Now it is displayed, if the selected day is from "day before yesterday"
to "day after tomorrow".
Made it possible to delete a Todo, which has sub-todos.
Fixed two small problems in the todo view.
Added missing German translation for filter edit and print dialog.
Made search dialog closeable by cancel key.

Made it possible to select in the date picker the (ligt grey )
dates of the prev./next month with the mouse.

OM/Pi:
"Delete mail" icon in main window now deletes all selected mails.
Fixed the problem, that the state flag of imap mails was ignored.
Now mails with "FLAG_SEEN" on the imap server get no icon in the list view
to indecate that they are already seen.
Fixed the problem that the body of some mails was not displayed in the
mail viewer when fetching them from the imap server directly to read them.
Made it (configurable) possible to show the "To:" field in the list view.
Added to the mail viewer the option "View Source" to make it possible to see the raw mail data.
Added a "Download Mail" button to the mail viewer to quickly download the viewed mail to the
local storage folder (specified in account settings) of the account of the mail.
Removed some memory leaks in OM/Pi.

As of .19, I still wasn't able to connect to an IMAP server using OM/Pi. I can send and recieve to this same host in Qtopia mail, but not OM/Pi, which is what leads me to believe it's not a server-side glitch but a bug in the app. POP3 is fine.

I'm still leaning about Linux, so I'll see if I can find a log file that might give me a bit more info to pass on. Just wanted to highlight the problem and see if there's a fix.
zautrix
QUOTE(eji @ Jan 26 2005, 09:12 AM)
As of .19, I still wasn't able to connect to an IMAP server using OM/Pi. I can send and recieve to this same host in Qtopia mail, but not OM/Pi, which is what leads me to believe it's not a server-side glitch but a bug in the app. POP3 is fine.

I'm still leaning about Linux, so I'll see if I can find a log file that might give me a bit more info to pass on. Just wanted to highlight the problem and see if there's a fix.

What particular server is it?

imap.we.de?

z.
ev1l
I vil test zee niew releasse, yah!
Edit: seriously: the todo context-menu bugs seem to be gone (hurray!).
I'm going to give it a more thourough spin tonight.
zautrix, do you want me to post a buglist like I did for the previous versions. The bugfixes from the changelog are working fine, and I'm almost done re-going through the bugs I had before.
I really, really like month view now. I didn't even notice you improved it because I wasn't using it anymore, but now it's a good feature smile.gif
I've posted all the RFE you asked for on SF.net, and am compiling an updated temporary buglist
eji
QUOTE(zautrix @ Jan 26 2005, 09:09 AM)
What particular server is it?

imap.we.de?

z.

No, it's .Mac (mail.mac.com). The servers had been down for maintenance earlier in the week, but it's working fine in Qtopia.
jesizmi
Hi,
some remarks concerning the .20 version.
the installing via graphical installer doesn't work with sd. Oddly enough, the tool pretends, that the installation was succesfull, but the links aren't present and consequently the apps aren't available.
This does not occur though, when installation is made by cmd-line, so i think i'll stick to that.

Now for the apps themselves:
KO/PI: nothing to complain so far, exept for a missing feature (added in sourceforge wishlist) sometimes i need to export a single event as icalendar by means of ordinary filetransfer (not IR).

KA/PI: the jump bar is still buggy (only mine?) some letters are missing whereas others appear multiple in different places. I quit using it.

PWM/PI: seems to be grown up since i used it last time (1.9.3). I think, i could get used to it now.

that's all for now.

greetz, j.
zautrix
QUOTE(jesizmi @ Jan 27 2005, 10:41 AM)
Now for the apps themselves:
KO/PI: nothing to complain so far, exept for a missing feature (added in sourceforge wishlist) sometimes i need to export a single event as icalendar by means of ordinary filetransfer (not IR).

Listview -> save selected
KA/PI: the jump bar is still buggy (only mine?) some letters are missing whereas others appear multiple in different places. I quit using it.

Yeah, that problem is difficult to solve, because the space is missing on the PDA ...

Thx for your feedback,

z.
eji
Is there any way KO/Pi could run from separate files as "resources" like KA/Pi?

To put that in (hopefully) clearer terms, what I'd like to do is copy my individual .ics files straight from my iBook to my Z preiodically and have KO/Pi run from them as "resources" at startup. That would make syncing a cinch instead of worrying about deleted entries and so on.
wowo123
Hi,
can anybody tell me where to get the qt-mt334.dll I need for the counterpart on my XP-desktop? (Last version needed qt-mt331.dll!)

Thx in advance.

wowo123
zautrix
QUOTE(wowo123 @ Jan 27 2005, 02:06 PM)
Hi,
can anybody tell me where to get the qt-mt334.dll I need for the counterpart on my XP-desktop? (Last version needed qt-mt331.dll!)

Thx in advance.

wowo123

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/kdepimp...ll.zip?download
wowo123
QUOTE(wowo123 @ Jan 27 2005, 01:06 PM)
Hi,

Thx in advance.

wowo123

OK, I just renamed it and it works!
jesizmi
QUOTE(zautrix @ Jan 27 2005, 12:31 PM)
Listview -> save selected

sorry, i hadn't even noticed the listview yet.

Now, KO/PI is perfect for me.

greetz, j.
clofland
Ok, I tried OM/Pi again, hoping that it wouldn't show blank message bodies anymore.

Now when I open up my IMAP inbox, and then try to open an actual mail message, OM/Pi just goes away. As in shuts down. So I seem worse off than before. sad.gif

I can see the subject, sender, etc. in the cute little boxes at the bottom, but I can't actually open the message up at all.

This also happens if download the mail and try to view it in the "Local Folders" section.

I can go look at the files in the folder with a text editor. smile.gif

If it makes any difference, I have pointed my root folder to a folder on my SD card, so the mail is sitting in /mnt/card/kdepim/apps/kopiemail/localmail/account name/
zautrix
QUOTE(clofland @ Jan 28 2005, 10:16 PM)
Ok, I tried OM/Pi again, hoping that it wouldn't show blank message bodies anymore.

Now when I open up my IMAP inbox, and then try to open an actual mail message, OM/Pi just goes away. As in shuts down. So I seem worse off than before. sad.gif

I can see the subject, sender, etc. in the cute little boxes at the bottom, but I can't actually open the message up at all.

This also happens if download the mail and try to view it in the "Local Folders" section.

I can go look at the files in the folder with a text editor. smile.gif

If it makes any difference, I have pointed my root folder to a folder on my SD card, so the mail is sitting in /mnt/card/kdepim/apps/kopiemail/localmail/account name/

Can you please send me one of the downloaded mails that makes OM/Pi crash?
Then I can try to find the reason.

My mail address in in the about window in OM/Pi.

Thx,

z.
clofland
[/quote]

Can you please send me one of the downloaded mails that makes OM/Pi crash?
Then I can try to find the reason.

[/quote]

I deleted my kopiemailrc file from the config directory and that fixed the problem.

I guess these config files are not always compatible across versions. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.