Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Essential Z Software Megapost!
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
Pages: 1, 2
itzco
Absolute must:

KTrove. Surprised not to see this app in the list. Let you install applications in your card that run only in main memory. (not all but many) and yes i works.

ZEditor. Absolute must, try other text editors too limited. simple, fast, can access any file. Maybe the app I use the most. Thanks!

ZBEDic. Amazing dictionary tool, the amount of available dictionaries is great.

ZSolitaire. I still enjoy simple games while waiting.

zKnights. Cool chess

Now as a developer I like:

apache2-php5-mysqlclient package. Let me test what i code in ZEditor

The embended SQLite database in PHP is great, lots of power, I stopped using mysql which anyway was an old version.

For videos, music, images, docs etc.. I just use the ones that came with full cacko 1.23 (have a c1000) excelent stuff
Ragnorok
QUOTE(itzco @ Apr 12 2006, 04:36 PM)
Absolute must:

KTrove. Surprised not to see this app in the list. Let you install applications in your card that run only in main memory. (not all but many) and yes i works.
...(snip)...

- I used to use ktrove, but found it more limiting than just copying the files and softlinking them myself, which is all this is doing, but with a script. Or at least the version I used. (grin) I've also found that with Cacko's nearly 100MB main storage free (on a C1K) that I haven't needed to run as many things (read: none so far) from the SD card.
- I did, however, extensively softlink libraries and suchlike to SD with Cricket, my old SL-5500. Cricket simply wasn't usable without "installing" to SD 'cause there wasn't enough space on that little guy. I got every single thing except nethack to run from SD by manually softlinking, about 60MB of software, and kept nearly 12MB free in main storage for operational space. I never uninstalled any of that stuff, anyway, so it didn't matter that there were no scripts to help out in that regard.
- Just my half nibble...
Sy Ali
Thank you for all the leads.. I'll be having a lot of fun playing with the software mentioned in this thread.

I took some notes:

http://jrandomhacker.info/Sharp_Zaurus_SL-series/software
Overgauss
Anybody having success with Frink? I think Frink might help unleash the motherbox in my c1000.
RobbH
QUOTE(Overgauss @ Jun 23 2006, 08:34 PM)
Anybody having success with Frink? I think Frink might help unleash the motherbox in my c1000.

Depends on what you mean by success. smile.gif It seems to work on my C1000, but it's so slow that I haven't attempted much with it.
Sy Ali
It doesn't seem to do anything on my SL-C1000 (Running Cacko)

http://futureboy.homeip.net/frinkdocs/ reports:

Sharp Zaurus (despite the filename, this isn't ARM-processor specific--it's pure Java, and might work on other platforms that use the .ipk package format.) Note: I need help testing and improving this installation package. Please contact Alan Eliasen if you have experience with Zaurus installer packages. Hint for helpers: an .ipk file is just a .tar.gz  file, so you can open it up and poke around, but I don't have a Zaurus to test on.

I don't have any useful output, so I can't help.. but if others can do more useful testing, then it sounds like it could help.

A separate thread talking about the application would probably be best.
speculatrix
thought I'd bump this thread as it's got lots of great tips!
adf
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Mar 26 2007, 09:13 PM)
thought I'd bump this thread as it's got lots of great tips!

....and some people we haven't seen in a while
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.