Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proud New Owner
OESF Forums > Everything Else > Regional User Groups > North America East > NYC
JP_Lewis
I just recieved my 5500 today (with couple extras) biggrin.gif

Hmmm... now how does thing work... *tinker, tinker*
offroadgeek
Ahh... it's always nice to hear about a new addition to the family. You might as well say good bye to your wife, 'cause you probably won't see her much in the next couple days!

good luck!
JP_Lewis
I now know what the first law of the Zaurus is now. Nothing is easy.

Out of the box and some head scrathing, I was able to sync with the 5500. With some more head scratching, I beleive I was able to update the ROM to 3.10. Hard to tell - Under sys info it reads "ROM Version --.--". I was able to update the PC side software. Now I can't sync. I can ping the 5500, but the Zaurus Manager say it can't find the 5500.

Enough damage for one night.
offroadgeek
do you have wifi cards for both your zaurus and your PC/laptop? If so, I have found that wireless syncing is the most reliable way to sync, and it's the geekiest!

If you need a wifi card for your Z, I remember ladyjane mentioning that he had a few extra that he's looking to sell...
JP_Lewis
I have a wifi card. I picked up a Linksys WCF12 and an Access Point for the house. Yes, I went a little nutz. I am able to get the wifi to work with WEP diasable, but it won't work with WEP enable. Is there some trick to get to work WEP to work? I even tried making the key 1234567890123, but got no where. FYI - I only have the wifi card for the Z. I feel like such a n00b. :?
JP_Lewis
This would be a great PDA if I can get it to sync.
ladyjane
since i don't run the retail ROM, i dunno remember the details but, i do remember something about the sync software. something to the effect of the old version needed to be removed b4 using newer? seach over @ dev boards...you are not alone!!!!

u will be very happy w/purchase but, as offroad said....yer mrs may not be :wink:

p.s.- i dunno was up w/WEP either but if it makes ya feel better it doesn't work w/oz3.2/opie 0.9.9 either. have yet to try out vi cmd line but, no way i'm gonna w/256 bit keys!!
JP_Lewis
OK, I got it to sync. The trick is the ".1"
I had to move a lot of syuff around. Wife got a little upset when I had to change the IP settings on her computer. She's from the "if it's not broke..." school.
tapjpa
But the Z was broke...................

At least that excuse works for me smile.gif
JP_Lewis
New Issue.

I hooked up the cradle via USB to my computer at work. Hitting the button on the cradle, I am able to sync; but, I can't sync from the PC to the 5500 using the Intellisync. Any ideas?
JP_Lewis
Fixed new issue. Cradle works at work and wifi works at home. All is right in the world. biggrin.gif
ScottYelich
Ahh... it's always nice to hear about a new addition to the family.  You might as well say good bye to your wife, 'cause you probably won't see her much in the next couple days!

good luck!

ah, but my wife has the c700 and I use the c760 ... :->

Scott
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.