I have worked a little with the new and great ELSIX to update my projects stored there.
Here my first persoanal experiences and comments:
* I find that the fonts are a little large so that I always have to scroll up and down. Especially the Home page should show a one-liner for each new project and not the full blown description.
* when clicking on "My Subscriptions" I got a mysql error line in the otherwise correct page
* I did not find a method to specify "any ROM", "any processor", "any Screen Resolution" which is important for the Zaurus-X-gcc cross compiler which is not hosted on a Zaurus...
* When adding a branch, I also did not find a way to specify "any supported ROM", "any supported Model". Is it really meant that I specify e.g. 4x5=20 links/versions if I have written my tool to work on all models?
* I got another message in /public/host/elsix/html/mod.php line 421
* After adding a branch release I did not come back to the project page
* I tried to use upload but got an error that there is no permission. Then, I found out that the system assumes to use anonymous FTP. This is IMHO only needed files larger than e.g. 2MByte. All others should be uploadable like the screenshot
* For the Unixname I have just choosen the same as the project name removing all spaces and making everything lowercase. And I have never seen or used it again. Isn't that something which could be done automatically?
* The library mechanism was too complex for me - so I decided not to specify anything there.
So my general impression: great work, very powerful functionality - sometimes it even appears as overkill for my needs as a developer. Some smaller glitches which can be fixed.
Once again many thanks for developing this tool! I really know how much work is behind the scenes...
Have a nice evening,