Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Konsole Case Sensitivity ...
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > Cxx0 General discussions
chroafjd
When creating folders using the Konsole on my C860 unix standard unix case sensitivity is not being adhered to. If I create a folder using "mkdir DM2" the folder "dm2" is returned.

How can this behavior to the standard where upper and lower case characters are distinguished?

Thanks in anticipation.
Ashu

----------------------------------
C860, Cacko 1.20 ROM, 1GB Trancend CF, 1GB Kingmax SD, DL-660 WiFi
bluedevils
could it be that you are writing to a flash card with fat instead of ext2/ext3?
dougeeebear
It is my understanding that in Linux, folder names with less than six(6) characters will always use lower case.

Doug
Stubear
QUOTE(dougeeebear @ Jan 20 2005, 02:41 AM)
It is my understanding that in Linux, folder names with less than six(6) characters will always use lower case.

Doug

Never seen that on any linux distro I've ever used.

Just tried it out on my desktop, mkdir DM2 gives me a folder called DM2, on my C760 it works fine on the main flash, but gives lowercase dirs on FAT filesystems (SD and CF)

Stu
dougeeebear
QUOTE(Stubear @ Jan 19 2005, 07:24 PM)

Doug

Just tried it out on my desktop, mkdir DM2 gives me a folder called DM2, on my C760 it works fine on the main flash, but gives lowercase dirs on FAT filesystems (SD and CF)

Stu

Maybe that's what I read.. about fat file systems on SD and CF cards. Thanks for the info.

Doug
chroafjd
QUOTE(Stubear @ Jan 19 2005, 05:24 PM)

Doug

Stu

Stubear is right. Just tried it out on my device. Thanks to you all for resolving this.

Cheers,
Ashu
bluedevils
you're welcome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.