Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Netfront 1.5.2
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > Cxx0 General discussions
ralphrmartin
Sharp are offering Netfront 1.5.2 as a download for the C-3000 series.

http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=...hl%3Den%26lr%3D

Anyone tried putting this on a C860 yet?
Stubear
QUOTE(ralphrmartin @ Jan 28 2005, 05:49 PM)
Sharp are offering Netfront 1.5.2 as a download for the C-3000 series.

http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=...hl%3Den%26lr%3D

Anyone tried putting this on a C860 yet?

Won't work as is.

The ipk has a check that the model is C3k before it installs, so I unpacked the ipk and installed by hand.

Now when I hit the netfront icon I get a message box saying it only runs on the C3k then closes the app.

Think I need to get the hex editor out. Comparing the new version against the one on Cacko 1.22 - seems like the Cacko team have removed a SL-C3000 from the binary that is checked against /proc/devinfo.

Hopefully the Cacko team will update netfromt with the 1.22 hotfix that's coming soon

Stu
nilch
can the Netfront also be adapted for the 6000 series ?

Netfront seems a bit better to me tha Opera and I would have loved to have a copy for the 6000L.
maslovsky
QUOTE(Stubear @ Jan 28 2005, 05:40 PM)
Won't work as is.

The ipk has a check that the model is C3k before it installs, so I unpacked the ipk and installed by hand.

Now when I hit the netfront icon I get a message box saying it only runs on the C3k then closes the app.

Think I need to get the hex editor out. Comparing the new version against the one on Cacko 1.22 - seems like the Cacko team have removed a SL-C3000 from the binary that is checked against /proc/devinfo.

Hopefully the Cacko team will update netfromt with the 1.22 hotfix that's coming soon

Stu

Hotfix will not include this updated Netfront (it's too big for a hotfix), but it will be available soon as a separate package (as part of Cacko ROM 1.22 Lite release), for any Zaurus clamshell model, of course (currently running on my 750) cool.gif
tovarish
what are the differences between this version and the last one, and also wink.gif could you reveal how did you fool this binary into running in other machines.
I did manage to make it run in my c860 by replacing "c3000" with "c860" in the binary (the one next to the deviceinfo product ).
tovarish

QUOTE(maslovsky @ Jan 28 2005, 06:45 PM)
Won't work as is.

Stu

Hotfix will not include this updated Netfront (it's too big for a hotfix), but it will be available soon as a separate package (as part of Cacko ROM 1.22 Lite release), for any Zaurus clamshell model, of course (currently running on my 750) cool.gif

maslovsky
what are the differences between this version and the last one, and also  could you reveal how did you fool this binary into running in other machines.
I did manage to make it run in my c860 by replacing "c3000" with "c860" in the binary (the one next to the deviceinfo product ).
tovarish

It wasn't hard, you'll see when package is released.
Miami_Bob
QUOTE(maslovsky @ Jan 28 2005, 06:32 PM)
It wasn't hard, you'll see when package is released.

Would you be so kind, oh great, noble & magnanimous (so, I never did claim to be able spell without cyber augmentation ... G) one, as to post for us mere mortals when such a download should appear & the name? Please, pretty please?
maslovsky
Any day, along with Lite ROM version.
ralphrmartin
QUOTE(maslovsky @ Jan 28 2005, 05:45 PM)
Won't work as is.

Think I need to get the hex editor out.

Will that only run on the Cacko ROM? Or on the original Sharp ROM too?
maslovsky
QUOTE(ralphrmartin @ Jan 29 2005, 05:35 PM)
Will that only run on the Cacko ROM? Or on the original Sharp ROM too?

It probably will, I don't know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.