Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Qtopia Full Version Or Stripped Version?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Everything Development > Qt/Qtopia
robinson10
I have a C860 with the latest version of Cacko 1.22. I just visited the Qtopia site and viewed their screen shots. My PDA looks nothing like it and I want it. Do I have a stripped down version of Qtopia (1.5.4)and if I do how do I get the full version and what is the price? Nothing was clear at their site.
tumnus
The Trolltech screenshots show Qtopia 2.1. lpotter of Trolltech has said they will attempt to build some Zaurus ROMs with the open-sourced GPL version of Qtopia 2.1.

The Qtopia in the Cacko ROM and all other Sharp based ROMs use the commercial Qtopia that is closed source. Sharp has done a fair bit of hacking to their version but hasn't kept it up-to-date with the releases from Trolltech.
lpotter
The screenshots show both the 2.1 phone and 2.1 pda versions of Qtopia.
edl867
Mr Potter, any idea on when the z Roms will be available?
lpotter
as soon as there is a place to get them from...
sorry its taken so long, some things are out of my control.
padishah_emperor
QUOTE(lpotter @ Feb 10 2005, 11:10 PM)
as soon as there is a place to get them from...
sorry its taken so long, some things are out of my control.

Actually ipotter, what would be involved in porting 2.1 to the Yopy 3700? I've got 1.7 which I'm happy with but 2.1 looks nice and I'm jealous. Could someone without a clue like myself do it? Otfried Cheong ported 1.7 for us but he's moved onto other things and hasn't the time etc. Can it be done by a mere mortal? Where's a good place to start?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.