Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parted On The Zaurus (c3000)
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Everything Development > Linux Applications
papercrane
I'm trying to use dev_img to compile parted on my C3000. I had to get and compile e2fsprogs, which worked fine. I also had to play with the ./configure values for parted, but nothing horrible (--without-readline --disable-dynamic-loading). However, it fails to compile, complaining about a missing symbol, stat64.

After looking around on the web, it looks like Sharp hasn't compiled this into glibc on the Zaurus (argh, damn Sharp for their proprietary-esque fiddling). I tried adding the macros from glibc into the header files, but nothing seems to have worked. Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this?
papercrane
Nobody cares, huh? Damn it.... If anyone has a working build environment for the Sharp ROM I would be very grateful if you could try to get parted working. It would be great to be able to repartition CF/SD cards as well as the 4GB microdrive in my C3000.
iamasmith
QUOTE(papercrane @ Apr 7 2005, 05:18 PM)
Nobody cares, huh? Damn it.... If anyone has a working build environment for the Sharp ROM I would be very grateful if you could try to get parted working. It would be great to be able to repartition CF/SD cards as well as the 4GB microdrive in my C3000.

Can you use __stat64 from the Kernel headers?... (checks...) no apparently not... strange the Kernel should have this as an entry point.
papercrane
You seem to know what you're talking about...any idea how to fix this?
iamasmith
QUOTE(papercrane @ Apr 7 2005, 06:01 PM)
You seem to know what you're talking about...any idea how to fix this?

Hang on, just going to build a stock kernel and see if the system map lists the API....(checks)...

CODE
c0159340 t cp_new_stat64
c0159450 T sys_stat64
c0159480 T sys_lstat64
c01594b0 T sys_fstat64
c015

Yep, there it is... should be in sys/stat.h... not part of glibc but a system call.

Hope this helps,

Andy
papercrane
Well...looks like someone finally posted about this in Feb and solved it. I just found this thread which talks about stat64 and linking a bunch of things that the dev_image's setup script doesn't link. I also re-copied the include files (I'd been futzing with them trying to get the right functions and structures in the header files) and now it's compiling.

Hmmm...make ran fine, but I don't see an executable. make install also failed. I'm goign to clean and start over.

BTW, my configuration line for this (on my Z with the dev image copied to /hdd2/dev) is:
CODE
LDFLAGS="-L/lib -L/usr/lib -L/opt/QtPalmtop/lib -L/hdd2/dev/lib -L/mnt/dev/lib" CFLAGS="-I/hdd2/dev/include" CPPFLAGS="-I/hdd2/dev/include -I/mnt/dev/include" CXXFLAGS="-I/hdd2/dev/include -I/mnt/dev/include" ./configure --without-readline --prefix="/hdd2/dev" --disable-dynamic-loading
papercrane
Tried again, make runs though fine. make install dies with:
CODE
.././install-sh -c -D ./pt_BR-parted.8 /hdd2/dev/man/pt_BR/man8/parted.8
install:  -D does not exist
make[2]: *** [install-data-local] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/hdd2/dev/src/parted-1.6.21/doc'
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/hdd2/dev/src/parted-1.6.21/doc'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

However I now see that hte binary is at parted/parted. And it runs! :-) Oh happy day!
papercrane
For anyone following this thread (if any) I altered doc/Makefile and removed the -D from the $(INSTALL) command. This allowed make install to finish. The docs may not be installed "correctly" but I don't really care as parted seems to be all working. happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.