Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kphone Headache
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
eji
Anyone had any problems with Kphone freezing when trying to make a call?

The last time I used Kphone was with 0.9.8 to make a few calls to the Free World Dial-up test number. It worked flawlessly. Since installing v1.0.0, however, the app freezes whenever I make the same type of test calls. Tried both internal flash and SD and reverting back to 0.9.8/9, though neither approach solved anything.
eji
An update:

I got Kphone working by adding the FWD domain (fwd.pulver.com) in the proxy, setting STUN to TCP, and changing the audio prefs to dev/audio. This allowed me to make calls to 613, the echo test, and 8502, the voice mail. The quality was pretty good until I started testing the range of my AirPort. tongue.gif

The bad news is that I wasn't able to receive calls from the test number, 513. The call -- well, three calls, actually -- appeared as "missed" in my account, even though I was ready and waiting for it. Has anyone had this same issue and figured out how to resolve it?
xjqian
QUOTE(eji @ Feb 24 2005, 02:14 AM)
The bad news is that I wasn't able to receive calls from the test number, 513. The call -- well, three calls, actually -- appeared as "missed" in my account, even though I was ready and waiting for it. Has anyone had this same issue and figured out how to resolve it?

what is test number 513? I didn't find it in the FWD service numbers. I tried 1.0.0 version just now. Sounds as good as the previous versions.
eji
Under Step 3 on this page you'll see an instruction to "Log in to Call Me to for [sic] an automated call." This Call Me number shows up as 513 in the missed calls section of my account.

I still haven't been able to figure out what's wrong. I can call the echo test, but outside calls still don't get through. Maybe my router configuration is to blame.
xjqian
I have no problem with 513 at all. calls to me are loud and clear. attached is my kphonerc (remove the extention .txt). The only tricky part maybe the stun setting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.