Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Remind
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
kleinerp
Is there a version of Remind (http://www.roaringpenguin.com/penguin/open_source_remind.php)
compiled for the Zaurus? How would I go about compiling for a Zaurus C860? Can I run .configure and make on the Z? If not how do I compile it on OS X 10.3.8?
kleinerp
QUOTE(kleinerp @ Mar 1 2005, 12:12 AM)
Is there a version of Remind (http://www.roaringpenguin.com/penguin/open_source_remind.php)
compiled for the Zaurus? How would I go about compiling for a Zaurus C860? Can I run .configure and make on the Z? If not how do I compile it on OS X 10.3.8?

anyone? any help?
develd
Never heared about this tool before, but reading the link you mentioned above I was interested.

At the terminal the debian package remind_03.00.22-1_arm.deb works well on my standard Sharp ROM 1.01. Just extract the binaries to a bin-dir of your $PATH.

But sorry I have no hint to use the tk version on a Zaurus.
Stubear
Send me what language and location info (city & co-ordinates) you want hard coded into the app and I'll compile it for you.

Otherwise I'll just default it to New York or LA or some such other large city.

Stu
Stubear
kleinerp,

Here you go

It installs to /usr/local/bin and contains

./usr/local/bin/rem
./usr/local/bin/kall
./usr/local/bin/tkremind
./usr/local/bin/rem2ps
./usr/local/bin/remind
./usr/local/bin/cm2rem.tcl

You'll have to find a version of tcl and tk that works with Qtopia yourself though wink.gif

Enjoy

Stu
jfv
To run Tcl/Tk you'll have to install X/Qt as explained elsewhere in these forums and then install Tclkit. Get the ARM version of Tclkit here and follow the easy install instructions (copied from the website):
Most binaries are for Unix and compressed with gzip (.gz suffix). So here the recipe is: download, ungzip, rename to "tclkit", and do a "chmod +x tclkit" - voilĂ ...

Felipe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.