Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Usb Question.
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > Cxx0 Hardware
binjinx
Ok anyone know if this is doable

I wanna use a 860 to USB network with another portable device (which has USB HOST) basiclly using VNC would this work? (since the other device doesnt have a keyboard mad.gif or would i need USB host on the controlling device, (the other device is linux based also)
marshmn
I think to understand fully we need to know what the other device is?

Matt
pgas
If the other device has usb host and linux, you sould be able to use usb network with it.

Vnc will probably work, I don't know what performances you can expect though.

I think it's doable.
padishah_emperor
QUOTE(binjinx @ Mar 3 2005, 11:00 AM)
Ok anyone know if this is doable

I wanna use a 860 to USB network with another portable device (which has USB HOST) basiclly using VNC would this work? (since the other device doesnt have a keyboard  mad.gif or would i need USB host on the controlling device, (the other device is linux based also)

I'm assuming a direct USB connection between the two. The device would need a USB host and the usbnet kernel module.
padishah_emperor
I see we were all answering at once ;-)
marshmn
It does sound potentially doable, though it really does depend a lot on the device...

To VNC to it would need you to be able to run the VNC server on it of course...

Matt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2015 Invision Power Services, Inc.