Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wtb - Cf Wifi
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > For Sale / Wanted
robint
Hi. When I got my Zaurus 5500, I saw several WiFi cards available, but now can't seem to locate any online ... is one available, or does anyone know what to recommend? I am not even sure if ANY CF card will work, or if they have to be specific to the Z.

Thanks!
nilch
PM'd you with details of which card works with the Zaurus - most do... just lookout for power consumption , range etc issues when you buy.

(See my Sig for one such wifi card).
Omicron
QUOTE(nilch @ Mar 10 2005, 12:04 PM)
PM'd you with details of which card works with the Zaurus - most do... just lookout for power consumption , range etc issues when you buy.

Compare the PMed list against these available from Amazon:

Search for "COMPACT FLASH WIRELESS" At Amazon
robint
QUOTE(Omicron @ Mar 10 2005, 01:16 PM)
QUOTE(nilch @ Mar 10 2005, 12:04 PM)

Compare the PMed list against these available from Amazon:

Search for "COMPACT FLASH WIRELESS" At Amazon

Thanks for the tip, and thanks, Nilch, for the Private Message.

Robin T.
robint
Hi. Someone on this list sold me a Pretec Wifi card (Thanks!) for short money. As uninformed to the zaurus as I remain, when I saw it was for the PPC. I admit to being a bit anxious. Nonetheless, I added my WEP info. and I was online in under two minutes! Although my laptop is here. it's cold at the moment, as I'm comfortably web surfing on my Zaurus now, including posting this reply. I appreciate the quick help and response here in this forum.
Flandry
Will the person with the list of good cards for the Z please post them here? I'm in the market now because my D-link 660 has developed an intermittent contact inside. I'd prefer one a bit more durable than the D-link, because i carry it around in my pocket sometimes, and apparently even the slight stressing of the card with walking led to problems in short order.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.