Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adding Icons To The Opie Menu
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Everything Development > OpenZaurus/Opie/Qtopia
Mr. Sinister
I just put OE & Opie on my Zaurus 6000L this weekend and am very impressed so far. I already prefer it over the Java-heavy Sharp setup.

I do want to make a couple small changes to my setup though, and was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction.
I want to create two icons on the O menu called "Connect WiFi" and "Disconnect WiFi" that just call the /bin/wifi.sh script I wrote with "on" or "off" as arguments.
I would also like to alter the Suspend entry on the menu to call "/bin/wifi.sh off" as a preliminary step, since suspending with WiFi active munges the connection.

I'd guess that there's a menu config file somewhere that links an icon and name to a program that gets called, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks.
Mickeyl
Install opie-sh and some opie-sh-apps and take a look. Basically adding an application means adding a .desktop file below /opt/QtPalmtop/apps/<section>/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.