Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 40gb Pd7x Portable Drive
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 Hardware
I found a intriguing device. It's a 40GB PD7X drive powered by 4 AA batteries for less than $200. It also has an 8-in-1 card reader than can handle CF type I, CF type II, SD cards plus 5 other formats. Here's the nasty long link with the best price (limited time only, of course).

Here's another link to the same devices (look at bottom of page and select items marked as 7200 RPM Compact Drives (20GB, 40GB, 60GB, and 80GB):

Some professional photographers gave feedback saying build quality could be better, but functionally it works great.

I was wondering if any Z users had experience with one of these. It would overcome the usb-power issues for spinning up since it is self-powered. Also, would movies be able to play "live" from this device or would there be speed issues?

Barb Fox
I guess one of things I'm trying to figure out is USB compatability. From the specs it looks like this device may only do USB 2 and I've gotten the impression that the USB port on the SL-C3000 is USB 1.1.

Barb Fox
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2016 Invision Power Services, Inc.