Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clock Not Keeping Up
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
emjaybee
I'm running RC9 and no matter how many times I set my time, it always drags behind. I even have it set for network time protocol (NTP) using the same servers my laptop uses and to update every 16 seconds. Even with my wireless network card plugged in I still can't seem to get the time to stay current. I also don't have /usr/share/zoneinfo to set the timezone (is this normal for RC9 or do I have to install something?). On desktops the clock not keeping up can be a sign of a bad CMOS battery on the computer. Is there a similiar thing on the 860s that could be going bad or is it software related?
Zumi
Well, the clock on my Z is _very_ inaccurate too. I haven't used much other roms, so I don't know if it's a pdaXrom specific problem, or hardware, but I have it too.

About the timezone: you can install "timezones" package from the rc9 feed. Then, make a symlink like this:
CODE
[root@zaurus:/etc] $ ls -l localtime
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root root 35 2005-02-23 23:11 localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Budapest

With the
CODE
ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Budapest /etc/localtime

command.

Zumi smile.gif
jerrybme
I used to have the same problem, but for the last couple of weeks I've been using the hack posted by dvdrw here
and not sure if it's related but I've noticed that the time has not been slipping. I only connect to the internet couple of times a week, so it's not ntp fixing things. I've had zero GUI lock ups since using his hack too tongue.gif

Anyone else expereinced this?

Cheers,
Jerry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.