Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fvwm Bug
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
alexei
Hello, I'm trying to set up fvwm so that new windows start off maximized, I think this would be useful on the zaurus (it's always possible to define exceptions for certain programs). According to the docs the following should work in .fvwm2rc:

AddToFunc StartFunction
+ I Module FvwmEvent

*FvwmEvent: StartDelay 4
*FvwmEvent: add_window Maximize

this works on my laptop, but fails on the zaurus. Do any of the fvwm gurus out there have any ideas?
dtruchan
It would appear that FvwmEvent doesn't run without librplay.so.3
sad.gif
alexei
I don't have librplay on my laptop and it's working fine there. Hmmmm, laptop version is 2.5.8
zaurus version is 2.5.10 ...
dtruchan
QUOTE(alexei @ Mar 26 2005, 12:26 AM)
I don't have librplay on my laptop and it's working fine there. Hmmmm, laptop version is 2.5.8
zaurus version is 2.5.10 ...

Check the console from which you launched Fvwm.
When I do, this is what I see:
CODE
/libexec/fvwm/2.5/10/FvwmEvent: error while loading shared libraries: librplay.so.3: cannot open shared object: No such file or directory

Works fine on my system too, without rplay.
I would think this is a compilation issue.
alexei
you're right, it is a compilation issue. FvwmEvent fails to run on the Z (easy to check with ps). On my laptop it's not linked into librplay and it runs happily.

From the man page:

"The rplay support is enabled when FvwmEvent is compiled with HAVE_RPLAY"

So ... could anyone who has compiled fvwm please give me some pointers!! I have not been able to cross-compile fvwm, which seems to check for the existence of everything under the sun in the configure script. Help in compiling much appreciated.
Christoph
Hi alexei

Perhaps your happy with this. It was compiled natively on the Z.
Unfortunately I don't remember what I had to do to compile it.

Christoph
alexei
Thank you Christoph! It works a treat. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.