Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Textmaker Review
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
Ian
TextMaker is a truly excellent word/document processor; I just posted a (belated) review on bargainPDA, with a fair number of screen shots and so on.

If you want the tool I used to make the GIF animations, I can post that too, but it's just a wrapper for imagemagic - it really takes the work out of manually rotating, GIFfing and combining all those BMPs!!

Best Regards
Ian.
g333
I tried that software but it was not that good. It wouldn't let me enter anything besides English and kept crashing when I tried to use the handwriting recognition software to enter Japanese characters. sad.gif

If you only need it for English it is quite nice.

Glen
kahm
QUOTE(g333 @ Mar 29 2005, 01:05 AM)
I tried that software but it was not that good. It wouldn't let me enter anything besides English and kept crashing when I tried to use the handwriting recognition software to enter Japanese characters. sad.gif

If you only need it for English it is quite nice.

Glen

You're right about not being able to enter Japanese. Attempting to use the handwriting recognition for Japanese didn't crash my 860 though - nothing happened at all, and the program was fully responsive afterwards.
g333
Reinstalling the program stopped it crashing but I can't type in Japanese no matter what I do. huh.gif
ev1l
QUOTE(g333 @ Mar 30 2005, 04:36 AM)
Reinstalling the program stopped it crashing but I can't type in Japanese no matter what I do.  huh.gif

It's probably just not aware of Unicode. simplifies the coding, but kinda kills the target market.
kahm
QUOTE(ev1l @ Apr 1 2005, 01:16 AM)
QUOTE(g333 @ Mar 30 2005, 04:36 AM)
Reinstalling the program stopped it crashing but I can't type in Japanese no matter what I do.  huh.gif

It's probably just not aware of Unicode. simplifies the coding, but kinda kills the target market.

I found a file in the home directory on my 860 from Textmaker. It specifically says it doesn't support Japanese, Chinese, or Korean, as it doesn't support 2 byte character encoding.

Doesn't bother me too much - I use zeditor for what little Japanese editing I do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2015 Invision Power Services, Inc.