Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Difference Between Qtopia And Qt/embedded
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Everything Development > Qt/Qtopia
Matthieu
On trolltech site, you've two major libraries : QT and QTopia

when you click on QTopia library, you've got the list of the class present in this library.
But on the page of Qtopia, there is a poinetr to QT/embedded, which has mroe classes than QTopia.

I don't understand the difference between qtopia and qt/embedded.
TimW
QUOTE(Matthieu @ Mar 30 2005, 10:47 AM)

when you click on QTopia library, you've got the list of the class present in this library.
But on the page of Qtopia, there is a poinetr to QT/embedded, which has mroe classes than QTopia.

Essentially, Qtopia adds a few extra classes to QT/embedded which makes developing PDA apps easier. You can run QT/embedded apps on the Zaurus (for example) but to get the proper "look and feel" you should use the Qtopia classes, (eg use QPEApplication instead of QApplication etc)
speculatrix
QUOTE(TimW @ Mar 30 2005, 11:03 AM)
QUOTE(Matthieu @ Mar 30 2005, 10:47 AM)

Essentially, Qtopia adds a few extra classes to QT/embedded which makes developing PDA apps easier. You can run QT/embedded apps on the Zaurus (for example) but to get the proper "look and feel" you should use the Qtopia classes, (eg use QPEApplication instead of QApplication etc)

Is there a list of stuff which works best on Cacko?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.