OZ 3.5.3 release has happened, please skip to the bottom of this post (note: post, not thread) to see updates and information related to the official GPE image.
As I only have a collie, I can't say how the gpe-image will be on other PDAs, but the issues I was concerned with for OZ/GPE 3.5.3 have mostly been resolved now, so I have provided a preview image, along with Minimo, <link removed due to release>. Note that although I have provided a few kernel memory configurations, I have only tested with 64-0. Minimo requires a fair amount of memory, and may not perform well with other configurations - If you have success, or indeed failure, please report here!
Slightly updated software may be included in the final release image, but on the whole, this is how it will be. If you notice any show-stopping bugs, please say, and I'll try to fix them ASAP. As the release is planned for tomorrow, likelihood is this image represents the final image almost exactly, so I hope you like it!
I may add to the software located at the link above if the release doesn't happen on time. Packages from the 3.5.2 and 3.5.1 feeds should work ok with this image, but I can't guarantee that.
- Key shortcuts can't be configured
- Auto-sleep doesn't work
- Alarms don't work during suspend
- 'Control Panel' shortcut doesn't work
- Light control in the 'Screen Setup' application is very erratic
- Enabling visual effects will cause input to stop working - Things will be fine once X has been killed/restarted remotely, or the PDA is restarted
- The MBOpus theme doesn't contain all necessary theme elements to handle docked apps
- Hold for right-click seems not to work over some elements anymore
- GPE's package manager is still mostly unusable for collie (it lacks the ability to install to a non-root location)
Notable fixes/changes since 3.5.1/3.5.2:
- ipkg-link now reads /etc/ipkg.conf
- Resuming from suspend works
- Updated software (Minimo!)
- Changed package destinations (/mnt/cf -> /media/cf/packages, etc.)
Please use this topic for any conversation on problems and solutions related to GPE - I'll do my best to help out.
Updates - 12th April '05
New applications/upgrades in my ipk directory:
-gpe-filemanager (along with gnome-vfs plugins)
-enhanced gxine (along with all necessary libxine plugins, and extra oss audio output plugin)
-updated matchbox (small fixes over the subversion snapshot featured in this image)
-updated gtk (fixes odd behaviour of GtkTreeView widgets)
NB: OZ release happening very soon now (perhaps tomorrow?), so most of this will be included with the OZ release. In the case it gets delayed however, here it is for early-adopters
Updates - 13th April '05
-OZ 3.5.3 released, pre-release removed
-gxine, updated matchbox and necessary dependencies upload to official upgrades feed
Note! If you want to play oggs with gxine, you will have to force the downgrade of libvorbisidec to the version contained in the upgrades feed. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future, and will certainly be fixed in future releases.