Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Garden Planner
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Everything Development > Personal Java/Jeode/J2ME Personal Profile
rrashkin
I planted some seeds and promptly forgot what I had planted where. That got me thinking it would be good to have a program on the Z (I have a 5500) that would allow me to plan and/or record what I had planted, keep for next year, etc. I know, I can just use a piece of paper. But I wrote the app anyway.

It's organized by "beds" starting at bed-0.
To add or change a plant, choose a plant number or "new". Tap the screen to get the coordinates in the proper fields. Choose "AddPlant" to get the new/updated plant into memory. Choose "save" to save the array to grdn.csv. Choose "refresh" to redraw the bed.

I can't seem to attach it so I'll send it out to anyone who's interested.
Omicron
QUOTE(rrashkin @ Apr 7 2005, 09:00 AM)
I planted some seeds and promptly forgot what I had planted where.  That got me thinking it would be good to have a program on the Z (I have a 5500) that would allow me to plan and/or record what I had planted, keep for next year, etc.  I know, I can just use a piece of paper.  But I wrote the app anyway.

It's organized by "beds" starting at bed-0. 
To add or change a plant, choose a plant number or "new". Tap the screen to get the coordinates in the proper fields.  Choose "AddPlant" to get the new/updated plant into memory.  Choose "save" to save the array to grdn.csv.  Choose "refresh" to redraw the bed.

I can't seem to attach it so I'll send it out to anyone who's interested.

Go to the downloads section and add it there, that way people will be able to use for years to come.

Thanks for the hard work.
rrashkin
To do that, I'd have to make an IPKG; I don't know how.
stupkid
QUOTE(rrashkin @ Apr 13 2005, 11:19 AM)
To do that, I'd have to make an IPKG; I don't know how.

I can guarantee you that writing your app was harder than packaging it. Upload your software to http://bryandeluca.com/cacko/uploads.php (or post it to the forum) and I will gladly package it for you.
rrashkin
Thanks, Stupkid,
I uploaded "grdnpln.zip" to your server. It contains the compiled classes, the Java source (GrdnPln.java), and the text file, plist.txt, that lists the plants for the combo box.
Cheers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.