Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking For Ce-170ts Or Compatible Cable
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > For Sale / Wanted
jbbrs
Hi!

Since it appears that sharp only removed usb support from the C1000/C3000 connectors, serial support still works, so I am looking for a CE-170TS, zthincable or another zaurus serial cable to help me debug how to flash a working kernel on a C1000.
So, if you have one you don't use anymore, or know of a store in EC that sells it, please tell me.

Thanks!
jbbrs
Ok, now I am also looking for a case for my SL-C1000. Anyone can point me to a online shop that has both of these and sells to europe?
Thanks!
nilch
Trisoft.de is planning to sell the excellent Piel Frama cases and they do sell in Europe.

Check them out.
Plus Brando also has Pdair cases
speculatrix
QUOTE(nilch @ Apr 14 2005, 01:12 PM)
Plus Brando also has Pdair cases

I bought a Brando/Pdair case for a 1000/3000 recently and it is very nicely made. It has a clip thing on one end for the side of the Z, and some pegs and clips for the base, so I would *guess that it would hold a 1000/3000 quite securely.

* I have an 860 and want to upgrade to a 1000/3000 and thought I'd buy the better case, only to discover it doesn't fit an 860 in any way. d'oh!

Paul
jbbrs
Well, just ordered a PdAir case and stylus from Brando, we'll see how long does it take to arrive.
As for the serial cable, I've yet to find one I can afford.
speculatrix
QUOTE(jbbrs @ Apr 19 2005, 09:54 AM)
Well, just ordered a PdAir case and stylus from Brando, we'll see how long does it take to arrive.
As for the serial cable, I've yet to find one I can afford.

there was a serial cable on ebay in USA recently, I got outbid - the delivery charges means local buyers always have an advantage. :-/
jbbrs
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Apr 19 2005, 03:02 PM)
there was a serial cable on ebay in USA recently, I got outbid - the delivery charges means local buyers always have an advantage. :-/

Exactly... I didn't even bid on that one, as I was totaly out of cash. The zthincables are even more expensive, so those are out of question.
omega
Get a plug and make your own cable, like I did (for custom purpose)... plugs are $10 though + shipping?, so it isn't exactly cheap. *** It's likely you will need circuitry in your cable to do the level conversions...
speculatrix
QUOTE(omega @ Apr 19 2005, 02:51 PM)
Get a plug and make your own cable, like I did (for custom purpose)... plugs are $10 though + shipping?, so it isn't exactly cheap.  *** It's likely you will need circuitry in your cable to do the level conversions...

Hi,
where did you find the plugs for sale? I'd love to be able to make up some useful custom cables.

I managed to save lots of money when I found a source of the plugs for Garmin GPS (hint: google for "purple computing garmin")

thanks
Paul
jbbrs
Well,

The one I was going to buy got snipped from me on ebay by some bast^h^h^h^hguy.

So I am again looking for a affordabe ce-170ts serial cable. I don't need the zthincable (as those are usually more expensive), just a plain zaurus serial cable.
Anyone?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.