Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Symbolic Calculus
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
seed
i am searching for a symbolink calculus program for zaurus or librairie
any body know one
jfv
Your best bet is maxima. It's been discussed before. Search the forums and see if it's what you want.

Felipe
tovarish
I have a compiled version of maxima. you gan get it from the cacko feed.

you can also use mathematica for linux using qemu-i386 emulation. that works great but a bit slow.

tovarish
lardman
yacas is another option.

Also giac/xcas does some of this.

Si
seed
QUOTE(tovarish @ Apr 8 2005, 09:42 AM)
you can also use mathematica for linux using qemu-i386 emulation. that works great but a bit slow.

tovarish

under the zaurus ???
did some know how is the maxima calculus system compare to other system as matematica/ti-89/classpad300 ... better ,worse or equal
seed
any body know a front end for maxima under sharp rom ??
seed
could someone help me putting mathematica on my zaurus i dont find any ressources on the web
tovarish
QUOTE(seed @ Apr 10 2005, 05:12 PM)

tovarish

under the zaurus ???
did some know how is the maxima calculus system compare to other system as matematica/ti-89/classpad300 ... better ,worse or equal

yes, i use qemu-i386 to execute the linux mathematica binary. integrals, differnetial equations are definitely much better in mathematica than maxima but mathematica is slow. ti89 is worse than mxima
seed
QUOTE(tovarish @ Apr 11 2005, 11:14 PM)
QUOTE(seed @ Apr 10 2005, 05:12 PM)

tovarish

under the zaurus ???

yes, i use qemu-i386 to execute the linux mathematica binary. integrals, differnetial equations are definitely much better in mathematica than maxima but mathematica is slow. ti89 is worse than mxima

did u try it under an inproved kernel ??
xjqian
QUOTE(tovarish @ Apr 11 2005, 06:14 PM)

where did you get the linux mathematica binary? is it free? which version?
tovarish
i got it from my university. its not free and actually costs 1000$ a copy smile.gif but you could find it in p2p networks

there is a main kernel mathematica binary "MathKernel" that you run with qemu-1386 with this command
/home/QtPalmtop/bin/qemu-i386-static /usr/local/i386-linux/lib/ld-linux.so.2 --library-path /usr/local/i386-linux/lib /path/to/MathKernel

you need to put the i386 libraries required by MathKernel in /usr/local/i386-linux/lib
you can find these dendencies by

ldd MathKernel

in your linux box

tovarish
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.